No announcement yet.

Lessons Learned while Closing the Distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for giving me this thread silviar.. i just read everyones comments and it's all great advice!!
    As soon as i need some, i will be right here and if i have some to give, i'll be here too!!
    22 days and I close the distance!!! I'm nervous and scared but im SOOO excited too. I finally don't have to worry about goodbyes, planning phone talks, doing things alone, going out without her, seeing family without her... i get to do it all and its gonna be amazing. We've had our fair share of arguments and fights..but we've really grown as a couple because of them. This will really be a test, becaue we will be living in an Apt with my mom (shes easy going though). I also live in a small town, and i think it will be hard for her to get used to..but once we get jobs n start saving up for moving...we will be looking to move into a larger city, so i'm pretty sure she will be ok for the time being. I've got so much stuff to do around here. My room ..is well, a boys room LOL. It has hockey stuff, all my sailing stuff..and my big U2 posters (cuz im obsessed with the band U2). So, i've been thinking about how i can make it more of OUR room. I'm going to put up a shelf for her so she can have her stuff..and im gonna take down some things and put up a few picture frames full of us i hope it will make her feel a little better being away from her friends and family

if anyone has suggestions about how to make her feel more at home or like this is OUR place..let me know!

Comment

Let her put up her knicknacks if she has any. That helps. And if she has like a blanket or doona that's special to her, put that on the bed. A bed is apparently the focal point of a bed room.
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

That's a great list, thanks Silviar! (:

Comment

Working...
        X