Looks like it'll be a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it'll be a while

So, it looks like my mom will not let me transfer to be with my bf, therefore it will be 3 more years of distance after this semester. We'll be spending all summer together and winter breaks, but besides that we see each other very rarely, plus I will have 2 jobs this summer (and he will probably have one). AH, how do I deal with this...
    ~"Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them"~

Give yourself a bit of time to be sad, get upset, but give yourself time to move on. I think the fact that you'll be spending entire summer together (and hopefully the others!) will help immensely, as will your other visits. It's not easy, but you can do it! I'd just plan more frequent visits as you can.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Schooling can suck but school really comes first, to me anyways. I always think of it as: you're setting yourself up as much as possible for your SO. Getting a degree and knowing what you want to do with your life will take a lot of stress off.
      Also I know this is kind of silly, but I always tell myself: "This is only (blank) years I have away from him compared to the 40-60 years I have after"
      Keep it in perspective. The more sacrifice is made, the stronger it'll make you.

Comment

Working...
      X