Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Closing the Distance -alot- faster than expected!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing the Distance -alot- faster than expected!

When we started into this the subject of moving closer came up fairly soon in the conversation. At that time it sounded like it was going to be at least a year and we were ok with that.. we are close enough for fairly frequent visits and talk all the time on voice and webcam.

Anyway, after our first couple of visits we realized how painful it is to stay very far away from each other and just that need to be close gets to us both. Sooo.. making along story short I have been applying for jobs in his area and have 2 interviews set for when I visit there in 2 weeks. If I get either of these jobs I could be moved by May 1.. not in with him but within a couple of hours of where he lives.

I am sooo excited and half scared to death too.. this is the first big move away from my home area I've made in my life and I know a few people in the surrounding area but nobody real close. He's excited about the pending move too and is already talking about moving closer to where I'll be as soon as he can find something workwise in that area too. This goes from an every couple of months visit and lots of talk time on Skype to being there in person every weekend and most nights during the week.. OMG.. the thought is amazing!!

So when it's all said and done, after April 14 I should know if I'm going to be hunting a house there and trying to get all my loose ends tied up here, pack and head west all in about a months time after.... yay and EEP!
    Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
    Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
    Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
    Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
    Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Congratulations, it's a REALLY big step closing the distance, and I hope everything works out for you.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I hope everything goes good! good LUCK!
      sigpic

I Cry Cause I Miss You, Smile Cause I Have You, I Can't Live Without You!

Comment

How unexpected!!! That sounds so great. I hope all works out and keep everyone posted!!!

Comment

how exciting for you... best of luck...
          Critter
          --
          We come to love not by finding a perfect person,
          but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

Comment

That's great news! Best of luck to both of you! (:

Comment

That is so exciting! Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
              "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
              Made it official: September 17, 2010
              Got engaged: January 15, 2012
              Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
              Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
              Got married: November 21, 2012
              Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
              Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Wow...awesome news!!! Hope it works out

Comment

That's good news! Hope it goes well.
                  "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
                  a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
                  which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
                  - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
                  regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
                  The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
                  - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

Thats awesome! Good luck!!!
                    "taim i ngrá leat mo anam chara <3"

Kitten: -laces fingers together- our souls are one <3
                    Keith: -blushes and gazes at lovingly- forever and always <3

Comment

Let's hope you get the job! It does seem like a quick decision but hey, if all the pieces are there then so what if you finish the puzzle a bit sooner than expected.
                      I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Comment

wow! crossing fingers for your interviews
                        Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                        And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                        ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Just an update on the situation.. I'm here in Texas now.. and talked to a couple of different places that were interested in my resume. The gist of it is that I'm not going to work for any of them... but instead as a leasing agent for an apartment community I was checking out while I was here. The money is what I need plus bonuses, a discount on the rental of a cute little apartment.... in the same town (well about 15 minutes away) from my SO and I am going home on Sunday this week to give my 2 week notice and then pack everything and start my new job on May 2. To use the word excited would be an understatement.. I just can't believe the luck in all of this and the way it's all fallen together.

Just wanted to give everyone an update ^.^ Bout ready to wake my guy up and get him out of bed.. we were up way way too late watching movies last night
                          Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
                          Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
                          Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
                          Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
                          Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

Congrats!! That's so exciting that things worked out how they did.

Comment

Congrats!!! That seems like such a neat situation rent AND a job!!!
                              <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

Working...
                              X