Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

I couldn't think of a more interesting title, sorry.

I just wanted to let everyone know that we have successfully closed the distance! I arrived here in Australia (I'm by Canberra) two days ago, and we're working on getting everything set up and settled into his current place before looking for a unit of our own.

And paying for plane tickets to see his dad across the country. Darn those plane tickets. They are not cheap!

It feels a bit surreal still, too. I know we're together, but we're so used to the traveling that my brain hasn't fully caught up to the rest of me, LOL. It's a great feeling, but there's still a "Gosh, and this time I'm not leaving? Really?" I sometimes think.

I don't know how much I'll be on the forums, as compared to before I left, but I will definitely be here on occasion.

All of the hard work, sacrifices, and time apart has been worth it to get to where we are. It took over a year for us to close the distance, through circumstances that just happened to work out for us. That was with both of us working hard to close the distance.

Where there's a will, there's a way. Don't let yourself get too discouraged - you can close the distance, and you can make it, all of you who are working on it still.

While our distance closure isn't fully guaranteed - I'm here on a year-long visa, and can't apply for permanent residency until close to the end - knowing that we were able to do this gives me the confidence to know we can handle the rest of the government tape. It's a bit scary, knowing someone else has to approve your relationship, and it's not cheap, but it is worth it.

Every single, beautiful moment is worth it.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

i am so so so happy to finally read this post!
    congratulations!
    Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
    And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
    ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! Good luck with everything from here on out and I'm definitely glad you'll still be around a bit! You give such great advice! I wish you all the best and now you need access to the alumni part of the forum so don't forget to send Michelle a message!

Comment

YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you! I didn't realize it happened so fast - I've been living in a bubble apparently

If you meet Miriam don't forget to take pictures for us! Congrats on surviving the distance and welcome to the LFAD Alumni section!!

Comment

Congrats!!! We know, we know...too busy living life with him to pop on here all the time anymore

Comment

I've been thinking about you and was pretty sure you had closed the distance-- HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats! I do hope you stay around and hang out on the alumni section

Comment

This thread made me smile.
              There have been quite a few threads about break ups recently, and reading such good news is lovely!
              I really wish you the best, it was encouraging to see how distance can be closed, no matter if it takes a year or more.
              Good luck, and have fun spending every moment with your SO

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

This post makes me very happy. Congratulations on the dream come true! We've all missed you around here. I wish you guys all the best for all the years ahead! (:

Comment

Congratulations, Silviar!! I am so happy for you and wish you all the best. Have a fabulous adventure and an easy integration, I'll miss you around here so don't stay away too much.
                  Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

AHH! YAY! I am SOOOO happy for you!! I wish you so much happiness.
                    Please don't forget about us here though
                    Join the Photography Group Today!

Comment

Wow. This is great news. Congratulations on closing the distance!
                      "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
                      a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
                      which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
                      - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
                      regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
                      The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
                      - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

congrats on closing the distance
                        "taim i ngrá leat mo anam chara <3"

Kitten: -laces fingers together- our souls are one <3
                        Keith: -blushes and gazes at lovingly- forever and always <3

Comment

Awesome! I hope you enjoy your CD relationship.

Comment

I'm so happy for you! You really deserve it! I'm glad you got over there safe and sound, I know you were stressing out! I wish you and your SO much luck and happiness on your new adventure

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                            <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                            The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                            <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                            <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                            Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                            Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yayyy!!! Congrats!!!!:-D

Comment

Working...
                              X