I got accepted! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got accepted! :)

Unbelievably, I just got my letter of acceptance into the University of British Columbia Okanagan! I can't believe it! I thought there was no way I could get in! So now I'll be so much closer to Miguel :3
    It'll still be long distance sadly, as he's moving to Vancouver campus this year. 245 miles still between us. But That means weekend trips! And it sure as hell beats 1,900 miles!
    I'm so happy :3

Hitch hiking for the win? :P

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
    -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
    \

Thats definitely a more doable distance!! congrats!! and good luck in school!

Comment

Congratulations on getting into the school! Do you know what you plan on studying?

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Congrats! That's wonderful news!

Comment

Congrats!!!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
          Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Congratulations! Ahh I'm trying to get accepted into a school near my boyfriend too! What will you be studying?

Comment

Thanks a lot everyone!
              I'm going to be studying general arts to get good marks first year (and also to take some Spanish courses :P), and then next year I'm hoping to switch into biology at Vancouver Campus. Eventually I'm hoping to become a vet, but that's a long ways off :P

-Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
              \

Comment

Wow, congrats!!

Comment

aww that's lovely, congratulations on reducing the distance!

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Congratulations!
                    I'm so jealous about the shortening of the distance, that's great news.
                    Best wishes. (:

Comment

That's so awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats! haha i think a pint of maple syrup is in order eh (kidding)

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Congrats!! I'm moving down to the Okanagan for school myself. I'm so happy to hear you'll be shortening the distance.

Hopefully my LDR will be moving here for school too. Crossing our fingers for his loan acceptance!

Comment

that's wonderful! congratulations!
                            i'll be doing this sort of thing in a few years its lovely to see it working out for you

good luck on becoming a vet

Comment

So bad news. My parents literally just decided that I can't go... apparently an arts program doesn't meet their standards (and I was counting on them for at least some of the funding...)
                              I might be spending the summer with him, but now we're another year away from closing the distance again. Ugh~!
                              Not only that, but I feel crushed... I've been dreaming of this school for so long now :/
                              Time to save money this year I guess. I'm doing it MYSELF next year. Sod what they think.

-Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                              \

Comment

Working...
                              X