Almost closing the distance....until things fall through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost closing the distance....until things fall through

Has anyone thought they would be able to close the distance then something arises that keeps it from happening?

My SO and I thought we were going to be able to close the distance because I was moving to the same city where he lived and had graduated with his BS from. My plan was to go to the university there and get my BA or BS while he worked on his master's. When I made the decision to go to that school, he still was not for sure where he was going to graduate school. Turns out he did not get into that grad school.... Luckily, he did get in one only a couple hours away from the university I go to. So we are now closer together than we used to be. I know it could have been a lot worse because he almost moved somewhere 21 hours away from me! Nonetheless, it is still frustrating that things didn't work out.

This has happened to me a couple times. First he was going to move in May and then next month.....and now last week it turned into August. The reasons have all been money and job related. Last week I was really upset about it, and still am sort of. I know it's not his fault....it just makes me want to scream or beat my head against a wall...LOL! It's so frustrating.
    ♥Started talking online around: 10.31.09
    Started getting serious on: 2.14.10
    Met in person for the first time: 10.11.10
    Closed the distance on 7.29.11 ♥

Comment

We thought we'd be able to close the distance this fall. Well, not entirely but we'd be talking about 3h and less than 10€ for a trip instead of 11h and 80€.
      When we realized that that wasn't actually going to work, we made another plan to move together (this time him moving to my country) but then I got a really good job and master degree offer in my university. I don't have to take it, but it would be pretty stupid not to do it. So I'm stuck here for at least the next 1.5 yrs.
      There's no way my boyfriend can move here, because my school doesn't over any programmes for him and it'd probably be too expensive (I live in the most expensive region of my country *sigh*).

I sometimes really don't know if this job is a curse or a blessing

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Jobs and schooling really do provide a foundation for a future, though. I have to tell myself that too.

Comment

Our closing the distance is still up in the air. It depends on whether he gets a job after he finishes his degree or goes back to school for another program and even then it depends on whether or not one of us is able to move to the other. I'm counting down, but I'm also trying to remain realistic that in six months we might still be long distance.

Comment

Originally posted by emforever View Post
            Has anyone thought they would be able to close the distance then something arises that keeps it from happening?

My SO and I thought we were going to be able to close the distance because I was moving to the same city where he lived and had graduated with his BS from. My plan was to go to the university there and get my BA or BS while he worked on his master's. When I made the decision to go to that school, he still was not for sure where he was going to graduate school. Turns out he did not get into that grad school.... Luckily, he did get in one only a couple hours away from the university I go to. So we are now closer together than we used to be. I know it could have been a lot worse because he almost moved somewhere 21 hours away from me! Nonetheless, it is still frustrating that things didn't work out.
            TO bad it didn't work out exactly planned, but thank goodness it is not too far! So glad you both will still be closer than before. Something more awesome will happen from this I am sure! Good luck

Comment

Thanks Alexandria! I am trying to stay as optimistic as I can about it all

Comment

Working...
              X