100 miles apart, need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 miles apart, need advice.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and need advice. I met a charming young lady who just happens to live a little over 100 miles away. We've met in person a few times and we're perfect together but the distance makes it difficult to see each other. We're having issues with who should move where eventually. She's going to school and has family where she is and is used to small town living. I live in the city which I enjoy and I just started my career and had planned to be at my job long term. Of course she wants me to move to her, which would make my commute 2 hours one way as opposed to 20 minutes. I want her to move here but she says she wouldn't be happy living in the city. What can we do?

Can you meet in the middle? Then you'll each only have an hour to get to where you want to go, and a new town for you both to explore.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
      Can you meet in the middle? Then you'll each only have an hour to get to where you want to go, and a new town for you both to explore.
      We discussed that. An hour closer to her becomes more rural than I'd like. I love where I live now, I'm close to just about every major attraction in the city. Plus that means I'd have to get up even earlier for work when I already get up at 6am.

Comment

I hear ya, but LDR's are all about compromise, and somebody's gotta move eventually. If neither of you budge, the relationship is doomed in the long run. Good luck.
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
          I hear ya, but LDR's are all about compromise, and somebody's gotta move eventually. If neither of you budge, the relationship is doomed in the long run. Good luck.
          that.
          i think to wake up one hour before is worthy it in the end. i live in a small city one hour away from the big city, but im happy. i used to live in a big city also, but small ciies do have their charm and you learn to love them, specially when is only one hour away from the big one.
          our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Looks like you'll need to have a serious heart to heart with your SO to resolve this as you both have things you don't and shouldn't have to give up for the other. But Moon has given what would seem to be the best compromise for both of you.
            Good luck
            As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Working...
            X