Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really need some inspiring stories about moves between countries and visas

Hi
    i am new here....i guess i want to hear about some success stories of visa approvals. me and my fiance are going to be submitting a spouse visa application in 2 weeks. we met online 1 year and 4 months ago ...decided over that time to meet so he flew here to me in the uk and we spent a wonderful month together and he proposed we have lots of supporting documents but for some reason i am just so anxious...we have planned our wedding for october of this year and my family are so happy...but i don't want to get too much into it incase the visa wasn't approved......is it normal to feel like this....did anyone else feel like this......
    thank you for responding in advance

The visa process is really scary. Do you have a back up plan for if you don't get approved? I know no one wants to think about it, but you need to atleast have a vague idea.

I'm in the same boat, but trying not to worry. I have faith in my government, and the Gods, to get us through.

Hopefully we will hear back soon (we're going for the prospective marriage visa for Australia) and I can come and write something optemistic for you
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

thank you

Comment

I think you're wise to avoid planning too much until the visa is a done deal. Delays happen (often). Plus who knows what extra hoops will come up to jump through.
        That being said, my SO and I did it successfully, from international dating, to a fiance visa, to married, to his green card, to a baby. It can work! All visas have their own timeline, but ours took exactly one year from start to finish.
        Best of luck to you!

Comment

I haven't had to do a visa application yet as I'm moving to a country where I get a 90 day visa upon entry. And I can renew that visa indefinitely by just leaving the country for 3 days.

But as far as moving to different countries-- IT IS POSSIBLE. IT DOES WORK OUT. My SO moved in with me in February and we have been doing great. In one month I'm moving to his home country. I'll have to deal with hardcore visa stuff when (if) he proposes. In fact, I'll want both of us to have a dual citizenship. We'll see how that turns out.

Comment

i applied for the greencard this year (we don't have any moving plans yet...and she wants to come here for a year first) so i have it just in case and can move whenever i want to! i won it (there's the greencard lottery) and now the stressful and exciting part just begins! (but there is no reason i won't get it)...

so there are ways and you just have to try it. if one way doesen't work - try another way. hell, try it even by moving in a completely other country then but you guys just have to try and get over the anxiety there is always a way and nothing happens for a reason. it's a scary thought, i know, BUT you'll feel extremely good when it's done!

Comment

thank you guys...
              this has been great to hear your experiances. oh...it is a fiance visa for him to come to the uk... and we submitted it on the 11th july, biometrics done on the 19th july and everything at NY on the 21st...so we are just waiting now.... *wait, wait, wait* will let you know how it goes....
              thank you again

Comment

Working...
              X