Closing the distance between the UK to Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing the distance between the UK to Canada

Me and my SO are thinking about closing the distance. She lives near Belfast Northern Ireland, and I live in Toronto Ontario. She wants to move here so she can work (NI does not offer the training and jobs she wants to do) but we are having a hard time figuring out how she can do this. The job field does not fall under Skill Trades, so she can not get a Skill Trade VISA and the only other one we can think of is Marriage. We have been together for a long time now and have tooled with the idea, but still unsure since we have never really lived together for a long time. Basically what I am asking is.

1. Has anyone moved into Canada using a Marriage Visa, and if so how was that?
    2. Would you marry your SO, so you can find out what life living with them would be like even before moving in with them?

Im pretty much in this situation. My SO lives in Toronto and he is coming here on a visa but only for two years. Then im going back with him to Canada for 3 years. We're gonna marry in the two years he is here then get the marriage visa for going back to Canada. It takes an amount of time (which im not sure on) before she could work or study. I know you can be in Canada to apply for the visa, and it gives her a sorta periminant residency as long as you two are married. So basically you can stay there for as long as you please.
    My SO has only visited 2 times but i KNOW he is the one i wanna be with. I've not lived with him before but i still know i want to be with him and so im marrying him so i can live with him. I personally would because im the sort of person to take risks and normally they work out Its down to personal feelings in the end

Comment

Working...
    X