Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need your help: Should I move in with my boyfriend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need your help: Should I move in with my boyfriend?

Hello, I have a big decision to make and I really don't know what to do. I applied to a master in the city of my boyfriend and I have been accepted. It is a master in the field that interests me but it is longer than others in my country. The university isn't the best but it is fine and it would give us a chance to live together for a couple of years.
    On one hand I want to move in with him and accept the master offer, since I am very sure of our relationship and he has agreed to move abroad with me when I find a job in my country or any other place.This would be fair, he would move so I can take longer and make the master there and live in his country for a while.
    On the other hand, I always set very big expectations on my future, and this master will take me longer and I can feel I am betraying myself a little. Besides, the only reason to choose that university is him, and I am afraid that I may regret it. However, I don't think this would happen, I always get nervous when making big steps in our relationships.

What do you think? Should I accept the offer and move in together in his country for 2-3 years?

First of all, why do you say that you are betraying yourself?

And I would say the same kind of advice you gave me in my post : What you should ask yourself is if he is the only reason why you are moving? or would you like to try out a new country and a new experience.

I personally would go for it, don't overthink it, we never know what future brings us. I was totally sure in my relationship, but the time we spent apart just poisoned it. I wish I had the AUS visa earlier and went there 2 y ago, tried and possibly going strong or fail, but giving a chance to try our relationship for real. In case if it's not working out and you don't like it, you could always choose something else. Linking back to my Australian post, I am just scared to go alone, and I am not sure why, bcs I 've been living in SE Asia 1,5 y and no one was babysitting me, and obv I still have some hope, bcs my brain is just wired for this past romance.

Comment

As far as I am romantic, I would never give up my career plans for a relationship. If you have doubts, don't go. I would move to my boyfriend, but only if his country would give me at least as good opportunities as my country. If you plan to be together forever - you will survive this long distance.

Comment

You can move if you feel you are not compromising your career. However, it matters too. Trying a new country is good. Just try to determine what you want.

Comment

I know it's pretty late and you've already made your decisions, but I personally think you shouldn't move - there's too much at stake here- longer duration, not the best college, higher expectations of your self, and you'll be sort of trapped in a different country if things don't work out between you two. You mentioned he would be willing to move later on, maybe he could move to the location you're doing your MBA?

Comment

As weird and desperate as this sounds, when my suspicions of my spouse became high, i had to contact a techie to help me gain access into my spouse's phone just to get me off my suspicions of her cheating, to cut long story short, the techie successfully gained access into my spouse's phone and the information i got gave me peace of mind. Feel free to text the techie if you're found in the same situation

(252) 254-1656

Comment

Working...
            X