Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darkest before the dawn?

Hi,
    Just wondering how everyone else is going... because I'm exhausted.
    My SO and I got engaged in June with the plan for me to move to her in January to finally close the distance. It was very exciting.
    But these last few months have been so difficult and my anxiety is through the roof. My SO has also had extreme anxiety and even broken it off a few times only to get back together again after a few days.
    I couldn't do LDR again, but I know when we are together we get on so well it's crazy. I believe in us and our long term relationship. LDR has been so hard but we only have 2 months to go... but I just am stressing about whether we make it that far.
    Has anyone experienced the same? Any sage advice?

Can't give any advice, but I understand how you feel. Been pretty much the same thing for me.

All I can say is, if you give up you will never know.

Comment

Thanks Ohio Jim.

I'm afraid my worst fears have been realized. Jut over a day before I'm due to fly out for a visit for her birthday; we spoke today and she wants to break up. She loves me but... well it's complicated but what's it matter? I'm heartbroken. I feel like Freddy Kruger has plunged his knifed fist into my chest and ripped everything out.

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

Some would disagree, but from what I have seen LDRs can have all the same problems as near-by relationships. With the added dimension of being apart.

Seems like she was overloaded with stress anyway. And you really don't know what she would have done if you were physically nearby.

Comment

Working...
        X