Delayed Plans and Disappointment...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delayed Plans and Disappointment...

Our plan was I take summer classes and graduate in the Spring then immediately move to Ohio. Now, thanks to an evil professor, difficult classes, and a slew of prerequisites, My graduation will be at the end of the Summer semester. Needless to say, we're both really upset about this. I don't know what posting on here will do but I need to do something.

I think a lot of us have been where you are. I know I have...a couple times. So sorry to hear that your plans are getting delayed. *hugs to you*
    ♥Started talking online around: 10.31.09
    Started getting serious on: 2.14.10
    Met in person for the first time: 10.11.10
    Closed the distance on 7.29.11 ♥

Comment

Plans falling through or getting delayed sucks...I'm so sorry. How much longer exactly is it now though? It only sounds like a couple of months but I could be totally wrong

Comment

Just one semester (two and a half months). It's just that I've been in college since 2007 and I'm STILL trying to finish up and get the hell out of there. I took two years of art classes before I changed majors so I've been set back already as is. I am ready to be done and I am ready to be with the one I love.

Comment

My SO and I also had this problem, he was suppose to move up here this summer before school started but neither of us could find a job so we just didn't have the money to make it happen. We are going to do everything we can to make this happen next summer instead! Sometimes things just don't go as planned.

Comment

We're in a similar situation. We were planning to close the distance at the end of the year, but now it looks like that's not going to happen. I know how painful it is and I know it's a punch in the gut, but it's not too much longer. Just focus on getting through the classes and graduating in the summer. The two of you can make it. Just try to remain optimistic.

Comment

I know how giving up your plans feels, it's annoying and frustrating, especially when it's cause of a third person (i.e. your professor in this case) BUT keep a positive outlook, at least it's a short period of time which interferes (2 and 1/2 months) There's always a full part of the glass to look at, you just have to wanna see it. Good luck with everything ^^

Comment

I'm sure at least 98% of us on this site can relate to you right now. I know I can. Closing the distance is hard because you're making two lives mesh into one and the timing is more-than-often off. Keep your chin up though! Like I always tell my SO (he gets EXTREMELY frustrated that things seldom go to plan): It won't be like this forever. We're still young and when we're old and grey, we'll look back on this and be proud that we made it through.

Comment

I know how that disappointment feels! At least you know it will be happening soon! Me and my SO have ATLEAST A year and a half before we can even THINK about closing distance!

Comment

Working...
                  X