Job search begun! Wish us luck :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job search begun! Wish us luck :-)

After almost 2 years together and a year and half LD, my SO started his job search this weekend so that he can move to me!! He and my dad work in the same industry so my dad is trying to help him...so hopefully everything falls into place soon!!! Keep your fingers crossed for us :-)

Good luck in the job search! Keep us updated
    " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
    Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

Good luck! Hunt those jobs down xD

Comment

Good luck! I hope everything works out!

Comment

that's awesome! best of luck!

Comment

so a quick update....it's been nearly two months and not too many bites. my SO does have three interviews coming up though so he's finally starting to get something going! I wanted to know, for those of you who are college-educated and have closed the distance, how long did it take you or your SO to find a job? obviously the economy sucks but I wanted to know what other people's experiences were... (not to insult the non-college-educated, it's just two completely different job markets out there)

Comment

good luck

Comment

Good luck! I hope he finds something soon
                Why am I always trying the impossible?

Comment

Good luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gr8shortandwise View Post
                    so a quick update....it's been nearly two months and not too many bites. my SO does have three interviews coming up though so he's finally starting to get something going! I wanted to know, for those of you who are college-educated and have closed the distance, how long did it take you or your SO to find a job? obviously the economy sucks but I wanted to know what other people's experiences were... (not to insult the non-college-educated, it's just two completely different job markets out there)
                    Well, we haven't closed the distance yet but I'd be happy to share my recent job searching experience with you. I'm college educated (Master's degree + about 8 years relevant experience) and it took me 6 months to land a full-time job with benefits and a good salary. While searching, I worked on a contract position arranged through a temp company (temping is a process as well and is actually pretty competitive nowadays as so many people are looking). Maybe your SO can look into this as an in the meantime thing. The fact that he is getting interviews is a really good sign tho.

Comment

my SO has two really big interviews coming up in the next two weeks!!! please keep your fingers crossed for us :-)

Comment

good luck!!! keep us posted! my bf will soon be in a similar situation when he moves here within the next few years.

Comment

Suerte to you both! It[s awesome that your dad is helping out! Great to hear about supportive family ^.^

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                          -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                          \

Comment

Unfortunately job #1 just turned him down and job #2 is turning out to be something that wouldn't give him a lot of experience in his field/that he wouldn't enjoy. He has some more contacts out there looking but he is getting discouraged after nearly 3 months of looking and many rejections, and I'm getting impatient/frustrated with living at home. Any advice to keep him motivated/me calm?

Comment

Working...
                            X