Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It has been a while, but he's coming home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has been a while, but he's coming home!

Hey all, so between me being in China and then trying to get settled in back at home, it's been a while since I've been on here. So for the new ones, I'll give my story:

My boyfriend, Andrew aka Belvy, and I started dating in November 2009. He was my best friend prior to us dating and when we started dating we realized that we were perfect for each other. About two months into our relationship however, he decided to move to China to teach English. Originally he said that he would only be there for 6-9 months. Unfortunately, 6-9 months turned into a year and a half because in order for him to make enough money to make up for the money that it cost him to move there he had to stay that long.

In February of this year, I moved to Shanghai for 4 months. Although he still lived 320km away in Hangzhou, it wasn't so much of a ldr as it had been. But I came home in June. As far as I knew, he was coming home to visit in September, but he told me that it was looking like he was 95% sure that he was going to sign a contract for another year teaching in Hangzhou. My 6-9 months was going to turn into 2 1/2 years.

Selfishly, I hoped that his work visa wouldn't go through and that he would in fact be coming home for good instead of coming home to visit. (Since he does not have a degree, according to the Chinese government he cannot get a work visa to teach English, however, it really just depended on if they could get the application pushed through with the right connections) Two weeks ago, I got the information that he was coming home August 23rd (one week from tomorrow!). I learned in the past to just not push the issue with the coming home versus staying there, so I didn't ask and just assumed that he was coming to visit. But then he told me the best thing I have ever heard in my life. He had to get his security deposit back from his apartment there.

So, to make a long story short, he's coming home, and he's staying home! Yay!!

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

Thats wonderful congrats! You have gave me a better feeling about not seeing my SO for 8 months. Enjoy being back together and best of luck to both of you
    " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
    Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

Great to have you back! And congrats on the great news

Comment

Working...
      X