Financial Planning !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Financial Planning !

As most of you here already know, finances are a big part of the equation for closing the distance.
    My SO and I have plans to temporarly close the distance in 17 months with me continuing my education where he is (student visa).

i've never been overly organised, and well, let's face it, for an operation such as this one, you need to plan well in advance, keep track of various deadlines for admissions, exams, visa requirements etc.. So this week i made myself a nice spreadsheet in Excel, with three tables and thought i would share it , maybe it would be of use to someone else too

there's one table like a calendar planning with everything that needs to be done, deadlines, what it will cost etc.
    there's one table with my monthly projected general expenses.
    and finally, there's one table with my monthly income, expenses and savinds.

the numbers aren't real actual numbers, just an example ...

hope this hepls

OPERATION CLOSE THE DISTANCE.xls
    Last edited by ioanna; October 1, 2011, 12:44 PM. Reason: typos :(
    Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
    And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
    ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Thank link was quite a process to look at your document. I gave up half way through

Though I like your idea of a spreadsheet. I think I need to start writing down how much I spend. Give myself a budget. I'm just so bad at remembering to keep track of stuff!!!

Comment

Got it, I'll take a look at it in a few minutes.
      Great idea, it is actually very helpful for me.

Thanx for sharing

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

OMG Thanks ioanna its such a great idea..thanks for sharing it!

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
          And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

you're all welcome

Lucybell, that for me was a starting point, for 4 months i tracked my expenses so that i can devise my monthly projected expenses it's a great start. i used an application on my ipod for that, called pocket money.

sorry everyone for the terrible link process, but this is my first upload ever :$
            if you have suggestions for next time, i'd be really thankfull
            Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
            And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
            ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

it said I had to pay in order for me to look at it that document. good for you for making a budget though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry View Post
                it said I had to pay in order for me to look at it that document. good for you for making a budget though.
                you need to scroll to the bottow of the page, and then at your right you choose to download without registering.
                ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Working...
                X