Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Channel 4 documentary in the UK looking for couples planning to close the distance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Channel 4 documentary in the UK looking for couples planning to close the distance!

Are you changing your life for love?

Are you leaving your home, family, or friends to be with your partner?

The BAFTA award-winning team at The Garden Productions is making a new documentary series for Channel 4 about love and relationships.

We are looking to talk to people in the UK who are about to make a big change in their lives. Perhaps you are moving to an entirely new city to be with your partner? Maybe you’re changing your lifestyle or giving up something important?

Whatever your story we would like to hear from you.

Please email anna.dangoor@thegardenproductions.tv or call Anna on 020 7645 3324 to find out more.

Calling does not oblige you to take part in the series.

Sounds interesting This all fits me and my so perfectly >.<

Comment

Hmm, I wonder if I'd be able to! I'm moving to the UK this month, so I guess I'll send an email!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
      Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

My SO is here in december which i think is the time they're filiming so ive read online. Here for almost a month! Would be amazing if one of us off here got on the show >.<

Comment

SO is in the UK, but we're no where close to closing the distance... boo!

But wouldn't it be an interesting documentary to follow around various LD couples for a year or two to see what people are willing to do for love? To see all the hoops people need to jump through to make it work? Or (heartbreakingly) how sometimes it doesn't work? I'd watch that documentary.

This show sounds interesting too, though. I'll keep my eye out for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Minerva View Post
            But wouldn't it be an interesting documentary to follow around various LD couples for a year or two to see what people are willing to do for love? To see all the hoops people need to jump through to make it work? Or (heartbreakingly) how sometimes it doesn't work? I'd watch that documentary.
            Yeaah that sounds interesting. Makes you wonder what exactly they're going to include :P
            Last edited by Xanahtas; October 4, 2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Aww my SO is from the UK so I'll be very interested in watching this when it's completed but realistically I don't think it's something for my SO and I to go about being a part of.. one reason I guess is that it'll still be a few years before we close the distance, and two we are both very introverted anxious people who probably wouldn't do well on this kind of thing, also I'm curious to know whether or not it's just couples from around the UK or will include couples with one partner in the UK and one partner elsewhere, I think they should do a mixture, it'll probably depend on who applies I guess. Anyways I think either way this is a cool idea!

Comment

Working...
              X