Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insert creative title here :D

I'm too lazy to think of a title. Don't judge me! D:

Anyway, just trying to figure out who's in a similar situation to mine. I'm moving to Enrique in Los Angeles, but we won't be living together. Actually, my family is moving with me XP. My mom decided to come with me, and she's dragging my brother and my step-dad. After that, one of my aunts is thinking of moving to the same city with her four small children. It all depends on what opportunities a university professor has there. Then after that, my grandparents wanna move there from Bakersfield, CA. Then I have another aunt who lives in Redlands, CA who has thought about moving there with her own four kids and her husband XP. Then maybe my uncle with his four kids and his wife from Bakersfield as well.

The exact same thing happened when we moved to Vegas, except a lot more people showed up. My mom has about...10 siblings. Each one has like 4 kids @_@. Some more, some less. Basically I have 40 first cousins alone on my mom's side XP. Hopefully the same thing won't happen as when we moved to Vegas and it won't be 30 people living in a 2 bedroom apartment! D:< God, we are so Mexican ;_;...

Ok, enough about my emotional traumas :'D! That's for a therapist. I do have actual questions. How many of you are moving by yourselves (or have), and how many are taking at least one person (or have :P)?

Well, the big move is probably about a year away for me, but it's weird, because we're both going to be moving to a new city at that point....I'm moving in about 4 months, he'll follow about 8 months later (I start grad school there this fall, he finishes school where he is next spring, and will be moving there to work). I mean, these are pretty preliminary plans, but we're both planning on moving away from "home" by ourselves, though I do have some family kinda close by up there, and it turns out his brother and soon-to-be sister-in-law may be moving to the same city within two or three years....

Haha, I just realized, I guess, reading your post, that everybody's moving story is gonna be a little different.

Excited for you, though! It must be mad exciting to be making more concrete plans about it....

Comment

lol, you are so funny! I love reading your posts.

I am not moving, he is coming here. He just might bring his children with him!!! I really hope he does, it would make our little family complete. They probably won't come with him at first, but eventually i think they will end up here with us. It is still a little way's off..but those are our plans.

Comment

Wow, that is so cool that the whole family is moving! My parents would never move out of my hometown and neither would my aunt, granny or my husband's family, so I've resigned myself to not having the family around. It has advantages, too.

Actually, a friend of mine lives in Bakersfield, too! I visited her for Christmas and New Year's! What a small world...

I'm going to move back to my husband's and my apartment when I get back, so there's nothing exciting there, really.

Comment

I moved, by myself. I hope at some point that my sister will follow me, but there's nothing here for her, so I doubt it :P

Your posts crack me right up!
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

When my SO moved here last December, he came with his dad, who had gotten a job offer in the town that he used to live in, which is only an hour away from my school. However, he couldn't find a job and things didn't quite work out the way we wanted them to, and he ended up moving back to his hometown, so we are LDR again. He is coming to visit me in around three weeks, and one of the days we will go stay at his dad's house However, whenever he moves back up he will be close to his dad and also live closer to his twin sister. If he does move up here, I can eventually imagine his mom coming as well to be closer to her two children

Comment

Pshh my mom wanted to come with me when I go to college but she decided to give that up when she saw I was doing fine without her (except I suck at cooking)

Comment

My So moved here by himself!

Comment

LOL! Your post is too funny, I'm moving by myself but both of my brothers wanna move too.

Comment

Working...
                  X