Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would love to live with my boyfriend, but how can I close the distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to live with my boyfriend, but how can I close the distance?

I would like to live with my boyfriend but I need help on how I can close the distance. My boyfriend truly loves me and he wants to spend his whole life with me. I do too. I live in England and he lives in Romania. We have spoken about meeting each other. Our plans would be, I go on a aeroplane to Bucharest in Romania and he would meet me there and drive me to where he lives in Tulcea. But the problem is... I don't have much money. I might need to get a job. I truly love and trust my boyfriend. We truly do love each other. We have been together for a month and longer. So can anyone advise me or help me? Thanks

Having a job is usually a good way to get money :P

Comment

Originally posted by MadMolly View Post
      Having a job is usually a good way to get money :P
      Yeahhhh I'm not dumb. It's difficult to get one here.

Comment

I'm a bit confused, are you talking about just going for a visit for the first time or actually closing the distance, like your title says?

Has your boyfriend got more money than you? Why wouldn't he come and visit you instead? Or is there a way you could split the costs for flights and such. That's pretty much what me and my SO did when we were long distance. Or if none of those ideas are good, I think you'll just have to find work and earn some money, to be able to go visit him.

Comment

Originally posted by happycheeks View Post
          Yeahhhh I'm not dumb. It's difficult to get one here.
          It definitely is not easy right now in the uk. I applied for over 40 before I got a call from Mcdonalds, not my first choice but when the economy is like this you can't afford to be picky. Be persistent and you will find a job.

Comment

I did a quick search and the cheapest flight I found from London to Bucharest is £208.09, which isn't a huge amount at all. You could save that up in a couple of months doing something like babysitting or tutoring, if you couldn't find a job.

However, I agree with elina: I'd see how it goes visiting first before thinking about the rest of your lives.

Comment

Make it a priority. Make a plan. Save your money. And just go for it.

Comment

Honestly i'd say you two definitely need to meet in person before deciding to move in together as you don't know if you are compatible in person. Also you have only been together a month or two i honestly think that's too soon to move in with your SO. you two need to give the relationship a chance to grow before you talk about closing the distance.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

I agree with Riyko. Maybe the first time you meet can just be a visit? You don't want to move over permanently and then find things turn to custard (I don't know why I am using these old schools sayings )

I know it can be quite hard to find a job but what about babysitting or something? put your name out there on bulletin boards and name what you can do.

Comment

Originally posted by happycheeks View Post
                    I would like to live with my boyfriend but I need help on how I can close the distance. My boyfriend truly loves me and he wants to spend his whole life with me. I do too. I live in England and he lives in Romania. We have spoken about meeting each other. Our plans would be, I go on a aeroplane to Bucharest in Romania and he would meet me there and drive me to where he lives in Tulcea. But the problem is... I don't have much money. I might need to get a job. I truly love and trust my boyfriend. We truly do love each other. We have been together for a month and longer. So can anyone advise me or help me? Thanks
                    when you say youve been together or s month you men you already had visits of a month? or that you are 'together'online for s month? if its the second option i think its too soon to close the distance.
                    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by Madge View Post
                      I agree with Riyko. Maybe the first time you meet can just be a visit? You don't want to move over permanently and then find things turn to custard (I don't know why I am using these old schools sayings )
                      Never heard of that saying. But I don't know why things turning into custard would be bad, custard is DELICIOUS!

Comment

Yes I agree with the others - I hope you mean just for a visit. 1 month is definitely too soon to move, especially to a whole new country! Take things slowly, get to know him! And it will be really easy to save up that money with little tasks.
                        <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

Working...
                        X