College!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College!

My original plan, as some of you might remember, was to get into the University of British Columbia with Miguel, but of course, that didn't turn out so well. I got accepted at the wrong campus, AND it was super expensive, and the funding I was relying on from my parents got cut off (because they thought it was a spur of the moment thing, and because I got accepted for arts and not science...)

BUT BUT BUT I just found something out that helps a tonne! If I take the first year of my post secondary career at Langara College, they have a program which is basically the first year of UBC engineering! This basically means that after I take the year of engineering at Langara, I just literally apply to second year at UBC, and as long as I have a decent average I get accepted.

This is so perfect for me! First of all, my high school marks are a little shakey (personal stuff was going on in my life during grade 12 >.<), and getting into the College program is a THOUSAND times easier and less competitive than getting into UBC. Second, tuition for it is something like 3 grand a year, where as for UBC it is closer to 8 grand a year. AWW YEAH! It'll please the rents, and I've certainly proved that I'm serious about moving there by now. (I've also been working full time this year, so I have my own money as well if they decide to bail again).

I'm just so happy, and I had to share it with you all! It looks like we will finally be able to close the distance, permanently! :3

Things have never been better for us

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
    -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
    \

Awesome that something else came up and an even better opportunity at that!

Comment

this is great news! i love it when things fall into place like that

curious question, which engineering specialization are you opting for?

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

this is great news! i love it when things fall into place like that

curious question, which engineering specialization are you opting for?
      Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
      And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
      ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Thank you both :3

I'm really into physics haha, so I figure if I'm going to go to all the trouble of studying physics in university, I might as well get an engineering degree and be able to earn more money :P So we'll see where that takes me after my first year (which is generalized).

As you can see, I know EXACTLY what I'm doing with my future lol.

-Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
        \

Comment

Congratulations on such good news!

Glad to know I'm not the only person who enjoys physics :P Haha I didn't enjoy it enough to make a living off it, but when I took a year of it in highschool, I actually quite enjoyed the class and concepts.
          You never forget your first love...

Comment

Haha, no way! Everyone else in my classes were like OH GOD WHY DOES IT EXIST? But I always loved it :P

-Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
            \

Comment

That's awesome that things are falling into place

Comment

you'll have plenty of time during that first year to figure out which orientation is best for you

i was that close *holds thumb and index together* to studying physics or math. i love both subjects and would have loved to do research for a living but my love for life here in my country overruled it, as there the only thing i can do here with a PHD in physics or math is teach, and i did not want that. so i chose the next in line and went for architecture, which i'm very happy i did
                Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

I'm really happy for you! That is great that something else came up. It's wonderful when things just start falling into place like that. I'm hoping I have a similar situation soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X