Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't Believe It's MY Turn To Post Here!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Believe It's MY Turn To Post Here!!

Anthony was just home for a week for Thanksgiving, which we had a great week together. While he was home, we somehow got on the topic of what'll happen after college. We discussed my plans after graduation, because of his program, he's in a 5 year program as opposed to a 4 year program. I graduate in May of 2014 (as long as I don't manage to screw up and fail), and his expected graduation date is May 2015. That being said, I'm looking into certificate programs for diagnostic medical sonography and have found 2 within New York. One of which is on Long Island, where I currently live and where Anthony is when he's not at school (which is a few weeks out of the year). The other is my SO's college! So, I mentioned that I'm considering going away to school and his exact words were "Go to (insert his school name here)! I doubt they have the program, but you should look into it." I turned to him and smiled. I said "They have it, and I'm considering it! They're my first choice!" He was so happy to hear that! We're both on the same page and he wants me to go to his school. I told him I want to try and get an off-campus apartment though if this does happen because I don't want to be 22 years old and just learning to live in a residence hall. He said he doesn't blame me, because he could understand if I was a freshman, but I'm going to be 22 then. I'd transfer into his school in September 2014 and would hopefully graduate in May of 2015 with him. I asked if he was planning on doing his masters there and he said probably not at this point. He said he could either work from home or he wants to get a job in Rochester if he can. I told him I could probably get a job at the hospital I intern at there. So, we discussed the possibility of me moving there! Granted, I wouldn't be moving for awhile now, but it's progress and it makes me rest a little easier knowing there is a light at the end of this tunnel. I'm expecting to move in around September 1st of 2014, so that's 2 years, 9 months and 5 days from today! We definitely will talk more about this as we get closer to it and more details will emerge as time goes on. Right now, I'm going to really buckle down at my current school to finish out strong, make sure I stay on track to graduate on time, and start saving my money so I can afford a place in Rochester. I think I'm going to post pictures of his school on my wall next to my bed to stay focused on my goal. I never thought I'd be posting here about this so soon, but it brings such joy to know there is an approximate timeline until we close the distance!!!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Yay, that's such great news! I'm happy you were able to make a plan for closing the distance, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll work out!

Comment

Yay for having a plan it seems well thought-out and very positive! I'm happy for you both
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

woo hoo!!! how awesome you have a plan! I wish we all had an end date to close the distance with our SO!

Comment

Thanks ladies! I need to get my head out of the clouds, because I keep thinking it's a lot closer than it really is. It's still almost 3 years away, but I guess it's good to know there is an end to the distance in sight.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Comment

Congrats on having plans to close the distance, and I wish you the best on them working out for you
            You never forget your first love...

Comment

Awesome news! Im happy to hear it

Comment

Well, we have another update!!! This was not expected at all. Due to some circumstances surrounding my current educational situation at the school I'm at, I will most likely be withdrawing from the college I'm at right now and transferring to a community college. I will forfeit my plans to get my bachelor's in biology, and will instead get my associates degree in biology. The plan is still for me to transfer to Anthony's school upon graduation, but since I'm going to probably be going for an associate's, I will most likely be graduating next December if all goes to plan. I will then take a semester off and work full time for 8 months and then transfer to my SO's school and move to Rochester in late August to early September of 2013 possibly! We could be closing the distance a year sooner than expected!

Comment

Congratulations! hope it all goes as planned!!!
                  our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by loveknowsnodistance27 View Post
                    Well, we have another update!!! This was not expected at all. Due to some circumstances surrounding my current educational situation at the school I'm at, I will most likely be withdrawing from the college I'm at right now and transferring to a community college. I will forfeit my plans to get my bachelor's in biology, and will instead get my associates degree in biology. The plan is still for me to transfer to Anthony's school upon graduation, but since I'm going to probably be going for an associate's, I will most likely be graduating next December if all goes to plan. I will then take a semester off and work full time for 8 months and then transfer to my SO's school and move to Rochester in late August to early September of 2013 possibly! We could be closing the distance a year sooner than expected!
                    Very excited for you! Is there a possibility of transferring to his school to finish your bachelors in biology?

Comment

No, I already transferred to community college. So, I'm going to finish my associate's there and then I'll be moving to Rochester to do my ultrasound certificate by my SO.

Comment

Congrats! Having plans is the first step to closing the distance. Just keep in mind that plans don't always go as planned, just as you've seen already. Good luck to both of you! I hope all goes as planned!
                        sigpic
                        Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
                        Our first LDR ~ August 2009
                        Closed the distance ~ January 2011
                        He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
                        Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
                        He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
                        Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
                        Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Working...