"Jar of Smiles"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Jar of Smiles"

Okay so this is something I'm doing for my SO for valentines day, but you could do it for any occasion really. I was surfing online for gift ideas and found one of these on line https://www.kindnotes.com/.

I thought "I COULD DO THAT!" So...I went to Michaels Crafts, bought 5 sheets of scrapbook paper, a little paint can container, and some heart stickers.
    • I went home and printed pictures that would fit into the container.
    • I folded the scrapbook paper into thirds, then cut half inch strips. (Came to 27 strips per page)
    • I looked up quotes about love and LDRs, added memories of our own, things I love about him, and words of encouragement for hard days. I also added a few sexy little messages
    • I wrote one quote/message per slip, folded it into thirds and sealed it with a heart sticker. (For the sexy ones, I cut the corner off so he knows not to pull them out to show his mother :P)
    • Put them all in the tin and bam! A home made, from the heart gift for $10 bucks.

So far there's 70 little notes. I'm aiming for 143...because thats how we say "I love you" when we're in a hurry

I'll try to post pics soon.
    Last edited by DollOnAMusicBox; January 16, 2012, 12:31 AM. Reason: Only the 70 I made fit into the container. :)

Aww cute! Yeah I want to see pictures!! I want to do something like that for my SO, sounds sweet and nicely inexpensive Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Heres the pics!!

Comment

aww that is so cute, i might steal this idea!
        I love you Nathan <3
        sigpic
        5/25/09 <3

Comment

Thats cool, I like it.

Comment

Very cute. I like it!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good idea, might include something like this in my Valentine's Day package.

Finding myself.

Comment

Aww that is soooo cute!! Thanks for sharing the pictures!! So cute!!

Comment

OMG that is such a cute idea and it came out great!
                  sigpic
                  Not to get clever
                  but with you I see forever
                  But whatever it is,
                  Here's to you,
                  I Love You Kid...

Comment

That's so cute! I'm definitely stealing this idea

Comment

Love it! I've seen something similar

https://online.findgift.com/gift-ideas/pid-267063/

That website has ones you can order and customize but it's probably cheaper to make your own.. But they have a bunch of different themes and it would be nice to look at it to get some ideas.. In thinking about doing this and including a note per day until our next visit

Do you think it would be weird to ask him if we could both make one? I think it's a great idea and I wouldn't mind getting one also lol

Comment

Love this idea too! I was thinking about doing something like this for Valentine's Day.

Comment

I love the idea! I very well may steal this!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I'm doing this for my SO as well! Its such a great gift! I'm making mine for him and its not that expensive at all to make. Plus, I think its very unique and creative so they'll never know its coming. :P
                            "You will always have my heart, no matter how far we're apart" ~ Jacob

Comment

I am pretty sure that I might steal this idea too! Not only for my SO but maybe for a gift for my best friend as well. Great idea thanks for sharing
                              Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Working...
                              X