Augusto!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Augusto!

I didn't know if this was the right place to post it... but I thought I would share one of my favorite stuffed animals ever with you: Augusto!

I got this idea from a friend, her mother gave her a dog plushie once, and this girl travelled the world, she is brazilian, but lived in south africa, lives in germany, travelled most of europe, and went to many places. everywhere, this dog went with her. and every place she went, she bought a pin. and added pins friends bought while traveling and gave her as a gift.

Loving stuffed animals as I do, I asked if she wouldn't mind me "borrowing" her idea. she said it would be ok to give her baby a friend, so I could go ahead.

There are 2 pins I need to buy again, one from Karlsruhe, near by where I live, and european flag pin, I gave those as gifts when I was in Brazil, as I can always get more of those here in Germany.

but let me show you the ones Augusto has already (and oh, I also gave him a piercing, when I had my lip piercing. Mine is off now, but Augusto loves his and decided to keep it!)

When I went to Paris I didn't have Augusto, so when I go there on the 30 of jan (just some more days! yay) i will try and find one for him. and on the 1st of february, when going to dennmark, will get another one for him. he travels with me, wherever i go, and flight attendants always make jokes if I bought him a ticket as well, and people fall in love with him!

when I went to London, I bought a guard bear and gave to a friend of mine, with a pin from england, one from germany and one from madrid. so thats why i posted it here, it can be a really nice gift to someone. yourself or a good friend. my SO, even though he doesn't cuddle with his, pr travel with his, made one with the first gift i gave him, a stuffed bunny.

a picture of Augusto, in all his glory

the black pin was given to me by a friend, she told me is for when someone is bothering me, augusto tell them what to do for me.

the other one, is because i am a harry potter fan! even though it is slightly wrong in the writing, (should be bless ye, not rest ye),i love it.
    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

The shirt is a babies shirt I bought, to have a place to put pins.

A pin of Brazil and switzerlands flags, as I have family in switzerland (they are brazilians, and I spent two months with them in the end of 2008, begin of 2009), they live near by basel, so when i went to visit them last time i bought the basel pin as well.

the 221b is because I'm love sherlock holmes! i bought it at the sherlock holmes museum in london!

a london pin, a brazil and germany pin (im brazilian, german heritage, and live in germany) the other one is from a city in germany (forgot the name :oops: ) my significant other went with friends and bought this as a gift for me.
    also an evil eye pin, don't know if you can see it properly, but it is there, was a gift from my mother, to keep evil away from me.
    our story.

sigpic

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I play roller derby, and love star wars, i bought that pin in a roller derby bout (game), it says skate wars!

the other one is a clock pin, and it says black forest in german, i bought it because i live in the region of the black forest

this one is because my SO is from kazakshtan, even though he was raised in germany since he was around 10 yo, and has german citizenship, so when he went there to visit his grandma, he bought this for me.

one is from das fest, an annual festival that takes place in Karlsruhe. I went 3 times, and can't wait to go again this year.

the other one i bought in madrid
      and the poll and flag was given to me by a good friend that is polish
      our story.

sigpic

Comment

i have a good friend that lives in leipzig, the one i borrowed the traveling animal idea from, a brazilian flag and the other one i bought when i went to london

Augusto and me!

thank you for seeing the pictures, i hope i didn't bore you!

and bye!
        our story.

sigpic

Comment

That's a cute idea
          If I'd make one of those, I'd totally pin only pins from places I had visited, but it's such cute idea regardless. Most souvenirs are sort of tacky (you know those plates or spoons? yeah) but I like to have something to remember my trips
          My boyfriend and his best friend have this tradition of buying each other shot glasses from the places they visit. I like that, too and I always have fun helping my boyfriend picking them out.

Oh and the city (red white with the castle) is Hamburg

My boyfriend gave me those

some time ago. They're landmarks from his city portraied as animals. I love them, especially the green one, which is based one
          Last edited by Dziubka; January 21, 2012, 06:30 AM.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by Dziubka View Post
            That's a cute idea
            If I'd make one of those, I'd totally pin only pins from places I had visited, but it's such cute idea regardless. Most souvenirs are sort of tacky (you know those plates or spoons? yeah) but I like to have something to remember my trips
            My boyfriend and his best friend have this tradition of buying each other shot glasses from the places they visit. I like that, too and I always have fun helping my boyfriend picking them out.

Oh and the city (red white with the castle) is Hamburg

My boyfriend gave me those

some time ago. They're landmarks from his city portraied as animals. I love them, especially the green one, which is based one

are those pins or cards?

its lovely anyway!

i wanted to put only pins from places i visited at first, but the ones that aren't were gifts (2 from my SO and 2 from a good friend), i can always go to hamburg and poland to have visited the places those pins come from! always an excuse for more traveling!

i think the main thing on doing something like this is choosing a really cuddly plushie. augusto is perfect to cuddle with, not too small, not too big.

i also take pictures of him with landmarks in the background when i travel, whenever possible. i just can't find those pictures now.
            our story.

sigpic

Comment

Neat idea, i don't know if it is something I would give to my SO but could see myself doing it for me or something to remember all the places I've been.

Comment

That's a cool idea. I love pins, my brother and I have been collecting pins wherever we go and started putting them on our ukulele cases.

Comment

I love this idea! When I was younger I started collecting fridge magnets from everywhere I go but I LOVE this idea. I think I'm going to steal it as something for my boyfriend and I to do together.

Comment

Aww, do it Sierra (or anyone else that wants to do it as well), it would be sweet! <3
                    our story.

sigpic

Comment

I like the idea of the pins, but I could not travel with a stuffed anumal: it takes some vital space in any Ryanair or Easy Jet carry-on luggage
                      Years ago I started collecting key-rings form all the capitals I visited. Then I stopped, as it started to be unorganized (see Paris, where I worked for 3 contracts, and each time I bought new key-rings, eheheh). Also, Roma is missing, and it's pretty stupid as I am there every time I fly to Germany! Berlin is missing too, and Washington DC al well.
                      Now that I read this thread I thought about continuing to do it, but I think that if you stop than it makes no sense to restart. Dunno... I keep them in a box, and that's it.

Comment

Working...
                      X