Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valentine's Day Gift ideas?

Does anyone have any ideas?

I've got him a valentine's card already, and didn't think about gifts, but my boyfriend hinted the other day that he was getting me something.

He's always so good at picking things I love, but I find it really hard to buy for him, mostly because i'm on a budget. I'm a student and am literally broke, so can only spend about £10 / $15.

Here's the thing: Neither of us are the type to give things like stuffed animals, hearts and kisses shaped chocolate etc. We tend to give quirky gifts - something a bit different, or he buys me jewellery, but I can't afford him jewellery right now

Plus, this is my least favourite holiday and I'm really not in the creative thinking mood

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be welcomed with open arms!!!

xx

I just made a card for my man. We arent big on valentines day so i know i wont be getting a card hehe. I would suggest jsut making something. There's a fair few threads already about what you could make. I've done the jar thing, origami, scrap book, scarf etc etc. Could bake something? A cartoon sketch? theres loadsa things you could do that wont break the bank.

Comment

Some of the things I am making him are a calendar (handmade by me) counting down the days till I visit him, a glass jar with folded heart shaped pieces of paper that each say something that I love about him (pick out one each day and stops when I see him again), some silly v-day boxers, maybe some of his favorite candies too.
      My ideas are a little silly, but maybe it will get your creative juices flowing!!
      Love knows not distance, time, or logic.

Evan & Megan <3

Comment

go to snapfish.com or your local walmart and make him a personalized item, like a photo book or mug. snapfish has some great gift ideas. I made my fiance a photo book with all of the pictures I took of us last year. I'm sending it to him as soon as it arrives here!

Comment

We haven't been dating very long so I didn't want to get anything mushy, so I followed the link to www.thinkgeek.com and they have some cute and funny gift ideas that are not super expensive. I'm also a college student and it can be stressful doing gifts, especially if your SO is not on such a tight budget. Good luck!

Comment

Go to ebay and look up customised dog tags.
            My boyfriend loves to wear stuff like that so I bought a customised dog tag on ebay where the seller printed any message you wanted on it for free. It's cute and personal, and It only cost me $12

Comment

uhm

kiss jar! haha
              get a mason jar
              fill it with hugs and kisses
              than decorate it!

i added a picture of the one i made michael, but i am not sure if its working, i used a spagetti sauce jar i cleaned out

Comment

I took an empty apsrin bottle and filled with with slips of paper with things that i liked about him, some pieces of paper i put smiley face or cute heart stickers on. Turned out cute.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I'm sending him 2 picture frames, 1 with a picture of me, and another with a picture of us in a heart and a specially engraved message. He said he needed some pictures for his new desk so that's what he's getting! Maybe ill throw in some cookies >.< He loves cookies.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Originally posted by meganpillow View Post
                  Some of the things I am making him are a calendar (handmade by me) counting down the days till I visit him, a glass jar with folded heart shaped pieces of paper that each say something that I love about him (pick out one each day and stops when I see him again), some silly v-day boxers, maybe some of his favorite candies too.
                  My ideas are a little silly, but maybe it will get your creative juices flowing!!
                  This isn't silly at all I love this idea! I wish I knew when I will see him again so I could do it :l
                  "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
                  Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
                  Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
                  First Visit: December 7, 2017
                  Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by elizabethjp2010 View Post
                    uhm

kiss jar! haha
                    get a mason jar
                    fill it with hugs and kisses
                    than decorate it!

i added a picture of the one i made michael, but i am not sure if its working, i used a spagetti sauce jar i cleaned out

I did that too lol. I counted out a kiss for everyday we've been apart. That took forever, I kept messing up and had to recount lol. I also added a stuffed bear inside for him to find once he ate enough kisses lol

Comment

If your on a budget do it our way. I'm treating myself to a spa day then we are going to make dinner together (via skype) and have a romantic dinner at home. Then after dinner we are going to watch a movie at the same time (movie not picked out yet) then pillow talk until we fall asleep. I'm also sending him a card but nothing bought. We are saving the money for a cruise we planned for spring break. Hope this helps.

Comment

We were going to go on a trip, but now we're not doing anything and no presents. Just as well, I'd rather take a nap and spend the money on booze

Comment

Working...
                        X