Website for valentine's ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website for valentine's ??

Ok so.. Since I already sent her flowers for her birthday last week, my budget is pretty limited. I was thinking about doing something she would not expect, so I came up with this idea.

One of my friends is doing a college degree in computer engineering. I was thinking I could ask him for his help. I am thinking about buying a domain name that would be something like Iloveyoudidi.com or something similar. Then I would program it with my friend so I would simply show some text on the webpage. The text would be a romantic poem I would write for her.
    Then I guess I could just send her a message with the link, there is no way she is expecting this.

Do you guys think its a good idea? and has anyone done something similar? I need to shop around to find the best domain deal.

thats pretty sweet, i think she'll love it xD

Comment

I think that'd be really cute. I've never done anything like that though, so I can't help in that regard. Update us when and if you do it!

Comment

That's such a cute idea! She'll love it I'm sure. It'll really surprise her.

Comment

That is really sweet!!
          Love knows not distance, time, or logic.

Evan & Megan <3

Comment

I think that is a great idea!!

Comment

that is an awesome idea. Go with your strengths!

Comment

haha
                Seems like I got a good idea. I shopped around a bit, and godaddy.com seems to be the best place.
                For around $10 I can get a domain and I think they even have some free tools to help. I'm just waiting for some of my fiverr money to clear so I can get it. I'll post a link here when I'm done.

Comment

I did that for my xSO for our first Valentines Day, before we'd even met. I didn't buy a domain - I used weebly as its free. I suck at HTML but it was super user friendly and it looked great.

I had a few pages, one with an intro, one with a playlist of songs (made from playlist.com or something), one with a video I recorded for him, I even had a slightly naughtier page with a couple of suggestive photos. Nothing naked or revealing, it was technically a publicly available website after all! They were nothing I wouldn't've been upset about if someone else had seen them.

He loved it - its a great idea, I think she will too.
                  Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

I just purchased the domain and did the first few things on it. Godaddy has a thing that lets me customise the website, well, the first page of it, free. I'm not done with it, I will find something for the background and I need to write a poem to put there too. If anyone is interested to look at it, it's www.iloveyoudiana.com

Btw.. they had a promotion going on, so it was just under $4 to buy it for the next year.

Comment

It's great so far! I'm sure she'll love it

Comment

you could have done it for free I have done it for my SO this year. Go to webs.com.

Comment

For a website yes.. but I wanted the domain too webs.com offers that too, but for $3 a month for the basic package. My idea wasn't to make a real website, more like having a nice url and posting a poem. I'm 99.9% sure no one ever bought a domain for her

Comment

Working...
                          X