Package from USA to UK - Missing D:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Package from USA to UK - Missing D:

I sent my SO a small package for his bday, mailed from USA to UK 2 weeks ago. It usually takes things 6 days to arrive. I can replace the gift if the package has gone missing but I spent hours on the card I'm really worried its been stolen, because you have to write what the Item is on the customs form (the area my SO lives in is pretty bad for birthday cards being open by mailmen etc...).

How long should I wait before either him or myself reports the package as missing? Should we report it to the Royal mail or USPS?

Thanks
    Si tu n'etais pas la
    Comment pourrais-je vivre
    Je ne connaitrais pas
    Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
    Quand je suis dans tes bras
    Mon coeur joyeux se livre
    Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
    Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Did you have it sent by recorded delivery? If there is no reference number for tracking, I think you are out of luck. Nothing they can do about it. Maybe it just got help up somewhere.

Comment

I have had packages take up to a month to get delivered in the UK. Sometimes packages get delivered in a few days, sometimes a few weeks. I'd wait on it. Did you insure the package? If you have insurance I believe you have to wait 30 days before you can file a claim.

Reporting it to USPS or Royal Mail will do nothing unfortunately.
      Read my LDR story!
      Facebook
      Instagram

Comment

Last time I had something shipped from the UK to the US and it took 5 weeks.... Granted it was a few weeks before christmas, but postal services can definitely take their dear time. As others have said you can wait a bit more and see. Hope it arrives sooner than later!

Comment

my SO sent me a package from the US to the UK and it took about a month. don't worry, be patient

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll let him know! I was just worried because I've never had any problems before, I send things to my family and friends all the time and they've always arrived on time! I guess theres always one exception! Completely missed his birthday though I'll keep you updated!!
            Si tu n'etais pas la
            Je ne connaitrais pas
            Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
            Si tu n'etais pas la

Comment

The mystery deepens...

There are now 3 missing packages. Aparently my friends in england sent me packages for my birthday (a couple of days after my SO's birthday), which have not yet arrived in the USA. They would have been sent around the same time as I sent my SO's. I mean one package going missing is kind of understanable... but 3?! I just sent anotherone last week to another friend so we'll see how long that takes to get there...

Other mail from england arrived with no issues... and normally USPS would leave a note for me to collect the package from the post office if I had not been in when they attempted to deliever. SO Frustrating!!

Anyone else having an issue with mail at the moment?!
              Si tu n'etais pas la
              Je ne connaitrais pas
              Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
              Si tu n'etais pas la

Comment

I guess it has been a very busy period with Holidays, now Valentine.

I did send my package on 17th Dec in Belgium, arrived in Brazil on 10th February. Don't get yourself too stressed with it, who knows it will find its way after all

Comment

I sent two friends in the States little care packages from the UK. One to Maine, and one to Michigan. Maine one arrived on time within a week and a half or so....Michigan one still not to be found.

Its frustrating but sometimes they turn up after a long time.
                  Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

UPDATE!

It finally arrived today Phew!! I sent it on the 21st jan so it took about 1 month! Very relieved, but a shame it didnt arrive in time for his actual bday (Or valentines day...)
                    Si tu n'etais pas la
                    Je ne connaitrais pas
                    Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
                    Si tu n'etais pas la

Comment

Better late then never!

Comment

I have also been having the same problem. She and I both sent our V-Day presents around the last week in january/ first week in february. (I am in the US and she is in the UK). She just recieved my package a couple days ago, whereas I have yet to receive hers. I guess there's a reason they call it snail mail.
                        1 Corinthians 13:2 "If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, then I am nothing."

LFAD Book Reading Challenge Goal: 26 books before January 2013
                        Progress: 3/26
                        Current Read: Genghis: Bones of the Hills by Conn Iggulden
                        Next Read: Kahn: Empire of Silver by Conn Iggulden

Comment

Working...
                        X