Reminder Binder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminder Binder

I started compiling this thing I'm calling the "Reminder Binder." It is basically a combination of a few things I'm sure a lot of people do.

Every time something reminds me of my boyfriend, I put it in a binder (or a folder). My idea is to collect as many things as possible while we're apart and give him the whole binder next time we are together. It is pretty much the "beginnings" of a scrapbook (if you are into those).

Examples:
    *I always have Pandora on while I'm at work. Whenever I hear a song that reminds me of my boyfriend or our relationship, I print out the lyrics to add to the binder. Sometimes I highlight the specific lyrics that strike a chord (no pun intended).
    *Whenever something random happens that makes me think of my boyfriend I write it on a sticky note and slap it on any random page. Today I wrote "flipping through channels, I ended up watching UFC for a few minutes. I wonder when I'll remember the names of your favorite fighters"
    *I take pictures on my phone and either print them or try to draw whatever I took a picture of (which only adds to the hilarity because I can't draw)
    *I write my boyfriend a letter every love letter day and have them in the binder as well (because I'm cheap and don't have stamps/envelopes to send them)

Every once in awhile I send him a text of something that reminded me of him, but I figured this is a good way to have those memories (and keep them).

I've just started doing this, so I don't know how my boyfriend will respond yet, but I'm sure it will make him smile. It is also good when you are having a bad day, you can look back on everything that has recently reminded you of your SO and it makes you smile.

I just wanted to share this idea with everyone.

Happy belated Valentine's Day!

That is a brilliant idea! I might look into doing something similar.

Comment

That's a really cool idea! I might do something like that until we close the distance in July

Comment

Cute idea! Can't say I'd ever thought to do anything like this before

Comment

Working...
        X