No announcement yet.

Birthday prank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comedy club sounds like an awesome ending!!! So exciting!!! Best of luck, especially about the poker face lol

Comment

Love this! And party at the end, holla!
      "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

So this was the weekend (he just left) and everything went down perfectly. I had three friends waiting on different locations downtown, and they played it perfectly. Many more wanted to participate but we had to limit it for fear of him realising what was going on too soon.

When the first friend whizzed by greeting him by the name, he thought he misheard it. When the second friend did it, he was sure he heard it right but couldn't figure out what on earth was going on. He just stood there and stared with his mouth opened until I dragged him away. Some time passed until we met my third friend and in the mean time he came up with all sorts of crazy theories - first he looked for TV cameras, then he thought people mistook him for a celebrity with the same name, he even thought it could be a flash mob thing, lol. He asked me if I had anything to do with it, I was like, "who, me? You think I'd be able to organise something like this?" He goes, "hmm that's true, that's not very likely." The cheek of him!

When my third friend passed by, he stopped her and asked her where do they know each other from? She made up on the spot, from the boat party! He was wondering for the rest of the day which boat party as he hadn't been on one in 11 years. I realised then I had to call it off with all other friends because he'd start interrogating the next person and they'd have to give it away. He was confused enough.

So I left it until the comedy club. Told him we were going to see a British comedian so he wasn't suspecting anything. It was all normal until after the break when the announcer called him up on stage and asked him to tell everyone about his weird day. He looked at me as if to say, "oh no you didn't!" but he was laughing and went on stage. He handled it as if it was rehearsed! Got a big laugh from everyone as he told his story. He definitely has comedy potential.

Anyway, he loved the whole thing, and I'm really happy as it all went so well. I have amazing friends and an amazing boyfriend

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Aww, I've been waiting to hear about how it all went down I'm so glad everything ran smoothly - I'd never have been able to keep a straight face the whole time! Your SO won't be forgetting this birthday in a hurry, and I'm sure that afterwards he must have thought to himself what an amazing girlfriend you are to have too

Comment

I'm so glad it worked out for you! Sounds like it was a great plan and that he enjoyed it. I'm horrible with keeping surprises, so kudos to you for managing to pull it off!!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
            Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
            Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Omg this is so cute! Glad it went well for you! You must have been dieing to laugh about it while he was asking questions :')

Comment

Aww, thanks for the update, I'm sooo glad everything went so well! He must've been happy you'd done all that for him

Comment

Working...
                X