Good-luck gifts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good-luck gifts?

So my guy's birthday is coming up at the end of the April. We've known each other for years, but we've only been a couple since the beginning of the month, so I want to keep my gift simple - just a heartfelt letter and a framed photo of the two of us. However, he's also trying out for a couple minor league baseball teams (a lifelong dream of his) around the same time as his birthday, so I was thinking I could double-up with the birthday present and make it a good-luck gift as well.

I've already got this nice keychain with "certified" dirt from Busch Stadium, where the St. Louis Cardinals (his favorite team) play, as a sort of good-luck charm, but I'd like to include a couple other "go get 'em" sort of items too. Does anyone have any suggestions for creative good-luck gifts? I mean, something more original than a rabbit's foot or four-leaf clovers...preferably something cheap or that I could make myself. Thanks!

The keychain idea is great! Maybe cut out some hearts and write inspirational things on them? Just like "I'm rooting for you!", "You're the best!", "Derek Jeter has nothing on you!" etc. Another thing that you could do is maybe make a t-shirt and write your SO's name and then write biggest fan or something. My SO plays hockey, so a few of his teammate's girlfriends and I all talked and we ordered customized shirts that resembled hockey jerseys and had our boyfriend's last names/numbers on the back of them and then said "I love and support" on the front. A little bit cheesy but my SO always loved when I wore it, especially if they were playing a tough team. Might be worth a shot.

If all else fails though, nothing wrong with some old fashioned luck like rabbit's feet and four leaf clovers! Haha.

Comment

Working...
    X