Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1-year anniversary and I've run out of ideas...suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1-year anniversary and I've run out of ideas...suggestions?

My 1-year anniversary is coming up in three weeks (yay! Can't believe we've made it this far! ) and I'm afraid I can't think of anything to get him

I guess we kind of set the bar high early in our relationship... I'm kind of a sucker for doing surprises for him.

In the past, I've gotten/made him: a flight lesson, clothes shopping, picture frames, photo collages, DVDs, Things I Love About You book, love letters, watches, a ring (for a 6-month)... it feels like I've exhausted every "cliche" gift that you can give to your SO.

So now I have no idea what to get him. It's especially hard because he doesn't really have an interest in things like television, video games, or sports...so I just kind of have to go off of sentimental items which he really likes.

I've already gotten him this engraved dog tag (he's really into the military) and one time, I told him "I could write a novel about you" and so I'm writing things I love about him in a narrative form in a journal.

Any more ideas? I think I want to buy him something and make him something.
    sigpic

Maybe make him a pillow? You could even make one of those picture frame pillows that has a plastic pocket where you can slip in a picture.

Make him a shirt? Print out a scene from a favorite movie, or one of his favorite quotes and make him a shirt out of it.

Buy him a nice watch maybe? Or a good belt? Or a funny belt buckle? Or a hat? A tie? A good pair of shoes?

Comment

I've been asking myself what I can get my SO for our 1st year together. I've already rolled out the big guns too, so to speak, so I totally relate to your dilemma. since the first year anniversary is paper I'm giving him an 8x10 of his favorite photo of us in a black frame. I have a matching print and frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry View Post
        I've been asking myself what I can get my SO for our 1st year together. I've already rolled out the big guns too, so to speak, so I totally relate to your dilemma. since the first year anniversary is paper I'm giving him an 8x10 of his favorite photo of us in a black frame. I have a matching print and frame.
        i think it's a little late to give her ideas because their anniversary has already passed now! (happy anniversary OP )

I would like to know what the OP ended up getting her SO though.
        Met Online: February 2009
        Feelings grew: January 2011
        First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
        Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
        Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
        Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
        Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
        Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
        Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
        Engaged: 1st of July 2012
        Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
        Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012