A Promise Gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Promise Gift

Lately, my SO and I have been fighting a lot and we've had a good amount of problems over the past 2 months of being close distance. I feel terrible about it and I really love him soooo much. We always apologize after a fight, but I still feel like I should make it up to him somehow. We are still as committed as ever and we still see a future with each other. I want to get him something to make it up to him, to show him just how much I care. I was thinking of something with a "promise" meaning to it. Telling him I'm still just as committed to this as he is and that nothing will tear us apart. I wanted to get him a promise ring, but I don't know his ring size and I know he doesn't really wear much jewelry. I was thinking of getting him a chain with either some sort of engraved ring on it or putting my high school class ring on it. I'm not sure if he'd wear a necklace though. Any ideas as to what I can get for him that won't break the bank? Thanks!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

I got Dylan this necklace recently: https://www.etsy.com/listing/8179176...-mens-necklace
    He's going to be here tonight so I can finally give it to him () I thought it was manly enough that no one would tease him about it and he would be at least comfortable wearing it.

I got our date on the front, one name on each side, Dylan, Katelyn; and the phrase "All In" on the back. We've used that phrase to show our commitment to each other, that we're all in with this love and making this work and our future together. (We use the first day we met as our date, we've really been talking romantically for about 6 months)

It was just something little, but it turned out beautiful and he said he would wear it when I showed it to him over Skype. I was prepared though that if he didn't want to wear it, he could use it as a keychain or hang it from the rearview mirror in his car. Just something to remind him of me that was more personal than the LFAD bracelets.

Hope that helps or at least sparks another creative idea that will work. Etsy has some great stuff. This is only the second piece of jewelry I've ever bought for a man though...

Good Luck!
    My motor runs a lover's heartbeat
    It's just me and you
    Put the pedal to the metal
    Baby, turn the radio on
    We can run to the far side of nowhere
    We can run 'til the days are gone

Comment

What if you did something like this? Cuffs/bracelets can be more "masculine" if you think he might wear it. I love what Katelyn313 did with the engraving. Is there something you can have engraved that means something to the two of you?

And if he has a class ring, there are ring sizers online (like this one) where you can compare the ring you have to the sizes. I bought my man a promise ring this past February, and he knew I was going to, but he thought it was going to be for his birthday. I ended up giving it to him a month before, and he loves it.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

My boyfriend has indicated a desire to wear any promise ring I get for him on a necklace as opposed to on his finger. You know your partner best, but I wouldn't exclude the idea unless you really think your partner would not be interested in it!
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Well, I bought him a nice sterling silver chain and a sterling silver Claddagh ring for the chain. He LOVED it and put in on right away! Of course, I took pictures. I know the quality isn't great.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

That looks great!! I'm glad you found something that fits his style and he's comfortable wearing
            My motor runs a lover's heartbeat
            It's just me and you
            Put the pedal to the metal
            Baby, turn the radio on
            We can run to the far side of nowhere
            We can run 'til the days are gone

Comment

Working...
            X