This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking too much?

For my boyfriend's birthday a few months ago, I sent him a pretty decent gift. I put a lot of effort and money into it and he loved it!!

My birthday is coming up in a little less than two weeks, and he visits about two weeks after that.
    And of course, I told him I don't want him spending anymore money on me. I don't want him buying me anything for my birthday because he just bought plane tickets to come see me.

But, I did ask for a letter from him in the mail. Nothing too big, right?
    I have sent him three letters, one was included in his birthday present. And I have yet to get one from him. He said he just doesn't like writing in general so that's why he has never written me back...

Maybe it's a guy thing?
    Am I asking too much of him?

If writing a letter for his gf on her birthday is too much for him then he shouldn't be in a relationship.
    The answer is NO, you're not asking too much!

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
      If writing a letter for his gf on her birthday is too much for him then he shouldn't be in a relationship.
      The answer is NO, you're not asking too much!
      Ditto.

Comment

Yeah, I asked him to write me one, and he said he doesn't really like writing in general. But for a while he has been trying to show me his poetry, so he claims he is writing me a poem. Whether it will be tangible or not, we'll see

Comment

When we were stuck with e-mail, my SO would write me e-mails or the time. We're no longer stuck with only e-mail contact and I write him one maybe once every 2 weeks, if I'm lucky, I'll get an e-mail back once or twice a year. It's not that he minds writing, it's that he doesn't know what to write when we're contacting each other a lot anyway and he wouldn't have anything new to write in an e-mail. He has sent me letters, usually only for a birthday and while of course I would always like for him to write more, I don't let it bother me. Sure it might not be a lot for you to ask for him to write you a letter, but that may not be a way that he likes to communicate how he feels and he might not see the value in a letter the same way you do.

If you've asked, and he's agreed though, I wouldn't read more into it. Give him a chance to write you something. If he doesn't, just tell him that you're dissapointed about it because it would have meant a lot to you to have something handwritten that you could keep. Don't get angry about it, just explain it to him because he may not see it the way you do.
          Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
          First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Working...
          X