Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First anniversary gift...need some input!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First anniversary gift...need some input!

Our first anniversary isn't until October...but my schedule gets hectic in about a week and I won't have any free time until November. I'm putting a lot of work and thought into these gifts so that's why I am working on them now!

I just sent in my money order for the "love knows no distance" bracelets. I'm having his delivered straight to him because I would love to have them right now :P That's an early one year gift for the both of us.

The second thing I'm sending him is my own personalized "love notes" jar. I am writing each note in my own handwriting to make it more special, and more than half of the notes I came up with on my own. 227 down, 138 to go!

The last thing is what I need input for. I want to get him something having to do with the pictures we took when we first met. We have about 6 pictures. Should I keep it simple and print out a larger copy of our favorite picture we took? Should I use one of the options Walgreens offers and make a collage of all the pictures and put in a big frame? Or should I get a frame where you can have multiple pictures in the frame?

The simpler, the better? Or is it nice to show everything we did while he was here?

I think the collage from Walgreens would be a nice idea. I know my fiance used to say that he wanted more pictures of us. I made him a scrapbook full of pictures. The collage is a great idea though! My future sister in law did that with her (now) husband, and they still have the collages of them up on the walls.
    "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
    Made it official: September 17, 2010
    Got engaged: January 15, 2012
    Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
    Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
    Got married: November 21, 2012
    Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
    Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

I like the collage idea!

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, thanks!

Comment

my anniversary is coming too , and i'm really disturbed of what gift i'll send to ma coupine !! actually , we made our relationship serious and official, both our families know about us ... anyway, i'm really looking forward for some ideas to what to do in that special day !!

Comment

Originally posted by striker87 View Post
            my anniversary is coming too , and i'm really disturbed of what gift i'll send to ma coupine !! actually , we made our relationship serious and official, both our families know about us ... anyway, i'm really looking forward for some ideas to what to do in that special day !!
            If you need any help with ideas, let me know! I would be more than happy to help out!

Comment

well for me, make a customized gift, like a small notebook where you are like telling how the two of you met.. things like that

Comment

wow! that's cool!

Comment

it doesnt have to be fancy it has more value if you do it with your hands!!! good luck!

Comment

I was having the same dilemma about what to do with the picture, we only have 3-4 ourselves and their quality isn't all that great. So i thought about combining our version of the love notes jar (we each have little piece of paper on which we write small stuff we want to do together - and we already did some of that stuff). I was thinking of making a scrapbook page for each note and adding the picture also, that way we'll get our memories going twice, with the activity and with the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by rina View Post
                      I was having the same dilemma about what to do with the picture, we only have 3-4 ourselves and their quality isn't all that great. So i thought about combining our version of the love notes jar (we each have little piece of paper on which we write small stuff we want to do together - and we already did some of that stuff). I was thinking of making a scrapbook page for each note and adding the picture also, that way we'll get our memories going twice, with the activity and with the picture.
                      Oooh, I like that idea!

Comment

Well, the traditional first (wedding) anniversary gift is paper, and the modern one is clocks. You could get him stationary, if you both like writing, or you could get him a watch that has dual time zones, so he always knows what time it is where you are as well.

If you can't afford the watch, you can print out custom stationary from home using just about any background picture. It doesn't have to be the two of you. It could be of the two places you're from.

Comment

For Valentine's Day this year I did a "52 Things I Love About You" with a deck of cards. Each card had 1 thing on it, punched 2 holes in each one and used those big round rings to hold them together. Kind of a long the same lines as your love notes jar though.... The collage from Walgreens is what I always do...they come out so nice! Sounds like you are well on your way to some great anniversary gifts!

Comment

Working...
                          X