Belgian christmas gifts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belgian christmas gifts?

Looking for a little inside information from all you Dutchies out there!
    I will visit my SO's family around Christmas/New year, it will be the first time i'm meeting his parents, they only speak dutch and i just started learning it, so that's gonna be fun.
    Was wondering what are the Christmas traditions in the flemish part of Belgium, what's it all about and what would make for appropriate gifts for parents and a brother. Any ideas/suggestions will be greatly appreciated as my gift picking skills are non-existant and i don't want my SO to know i plan on bringing gifts.

Mmmmm, good Question ^.^

I guess it mostly depend from family to family ,

When we were kids, we used to get presents with christmass, but now we are grown up...
    Christmas is more about, Spending time together, with a nice christmas meal, in the christmas atmosphere

But many families, do give presents with christmas, since i always have friends asking what i got for it ,

Idk what is the age of the brother, but if he is around his teenage years, i guess gaming stuff never hurt...
    Cd of a band he likes...

As for the parents, these days in belgium it is very popular giving a BONGO cheque, its basicly some sort of event u give... and they are in different price classes.
    For example we once give our aunt and uncle a breakfast with champagne, U buy the Bongo cheque , it contains the cheque and a little brochure with different places where they could use it.
    But seeiing u want it to be a suprise for ur Boyfriend also, that one might be hard to get :o since i dont think its possible getting in foreign country:/

For woman i think, parfume may be a nice idea, or maybe nice scarf for winter times , ^.^,
    Or u could maybe make little package, with body lotion, massage oil, bathcream and pearls or something...
    As for the man, idk if he drink alcohol, but if he does, u could give something that way,

Just thinking with u, But apart from finding belgian present, maybe it would be nice bringing something typical from ur home country? ^.^

Comment

Uu thanks so much for the lovely suggestions. Yeah i was planning on bringing something typical from home anyway but i was worried some people might not appreciate that kind of gifts so i was thinking something more traditional for them and close to their hearts.

Comment

Its the thought that counts

I hope u will enjoy ur stay in Belgium ^.^

Comment

Working...
        X