Making this birthday awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making this birthday awesome

So, last year... I didn't give Obi anything for his birthday. Well, I gave him a joke tie and something else random, may have been chocolate. But, I'd intended to use that money to help him build his computer when he got to Australia, as at the time our finances were still seperate. Anyway, he didn't get the visa until months later then it was Anniversary -> Christmas -> wedding BOOM all on top of each other. And I more or less forgot. Plus in that transition our finances because combined so...

Anyway, I need to make this year awesome. I know what his family are like and if he gets a single card it'll be a miracle. So I need to make up for all the attention he'd be getting haha, and for last year being suck. And you all know me, I like to go BIG

But... what to give him?

I have a bunch of ideas, but nothing good...

I wouldn't mind buying him another piece of jewelry. I've been toying with the idea of getting him a ring that says "+2 to all saves." - the nerds will understand. But, he got a ring at the beginning of the year (his wedding band), and we mentioned this ring + inscription in passing at the time, so I'm thinking I want more time to pass before I give it to him so he'll forget and then be able to laugh his arse off.

I know he wants one of those gamer mini-keyboard things, I don't know what it's called haha. So I might get that if I don't get cooler inspiration.

I suspect this is the last year I get to go completely overboard, because after this there will be kids to consider.

Usually our special events formula is Event + Dinner + Gift.

So, what event? Perhaps I could book a weekend cruise for us and ban him from checking our bank account for the month?
    I try to choose something new each time, things he's never done before and we do them together - but most of these things are not safe for me being knocked up.

Tell me, what thing do you secretly wish your SO would do for you or give you? Even if you're a chick and the answer is "flowers". He's not afraid of being given girly gifts, I've given flowers before lol.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

I've always wanted my SO and I to go on a hot air balloon ride together.

Notes:
    Met: 8.17.09
    Started Dating: 8.20.09
    First Met: 10.2.10
    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

i wish I can meet someone really romantic, I would like to walk in to my room and be fulled of balloons and then roses on my bed and right in the middle the necklace that have a personal message for the one I love...

Comment

Hmm how about something he would use regularly, a shirt maybe, and you can embroider something (possibly geeky) inside of the cuff. It's not going big, but it's the kind of practical thing I would think of as a gift. /: At this point in time, I secretly wish he'd give me a whippet. Maybe someday...

Comment

Originally posted by 13000km View Post
          Hmm how about something he would use regularly, a shirt maybe, and you can embroider something (possibly geeky) inside of the cuff. It's not going big, but it's the kind of practical thing I would think of as a gift. /: At this point in time, I secretly wish he'd give me a whippet. Maybe someday...
          I love whippets. Whippet = good (bad Devo joke lol - though if I had a whippet I'd call it Devo).

Is there some sort of art/festival event on around that timeframe in Sydney? There's always something crazy happening in Sydney no matter what time of year. Maybe cook him a nice gourmet meal (if you're the culinary type) and add on a geeky gift?

Comment

I'm not going to answer the question you asked, but I will say, the whole growing him a baby thing is pretty good. The getting it out of you is extraordinary. How much more could he need?

Comment

I really want my boyfriend to like surprise me with a birthday cake and flowers. Or buy me a pretty dress that he wants me to wear and take me to a fancy restaurant. It sucks that our birthdays are the same day because we both have to be spoiled that day, hahaha. Sometimes I wish we had different birthdays :P

As for your gift idea: Why not cook him a birthday breakfast! And then invite all yalls friends over for food/drinks and fun. So that he'll get lots of attention on his special day!

Another idea is you can book a trip for the two of you after the baby is born. Maybe a weekend getaway of sorts. Just throwing ideas.

Comment

A spa day for the two of you. I'd call ahead to make sure the spa offers prenatal treatments, but I know such things exist. (And if you have no idea, ask for recommendations!) Get a couples massage or, if he's into it, something ridiculous like facials. Or! See if there's a class available that you can take, so he can learn some basic prenatal massages and you can learn some basics too. At least... that's what I'd love my SO to do for me, haha. (minus the prenatal part for now...)

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Do something you won't be able to do one the alien comes! A cruise sounds sweet also a hot air balloon ride does too! I got one for my bday from an ex and it was awesome!

Comment

I've heard about this flying torpedo thing that they do in Australia. They say it's the closest thing to flying. That or those big plastic balls you get in and roll down a giant hill. You couldn't do them, but you could laugh and take pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                      That or those big plastic balls you get in and roll down a giant hill. You couldn't do them, but you could laugh and take pictures!
                      Zorbing is so much fun! I think I laughed the whole way down when me and my SO went- we had a bucket of water thrown in with us-hilarious. but yes not good for preggos Zephii!

I wish my SO would book us a room at one of those weird hotels with Themed rooms- Last year I booked us a room in a fake castle (America doesn't have proper ones like us Brits do ) and we stayed in the "Cinderalla's Coach house" complete with a spray painted bed in the shape of a crown! I LOVE the tackiness, it's so freaking funny! Also I would like to go see something like the Cirque du Soleil or the Chinese Imperial Circus- a love acrobatic circuses with no animals... but we don't live nearby anywhere where they would tour.

^^ after I wrote this, I realized, as much as I don't think Las Vegas is my cup of tea.... sounds like it possibly is... T_T

A spa day/weekend sounds really cool for the both of you to do; nice time to relax together before the sprog comes and you can't really relax for years afterwards

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jtargueta View Post
                        i wish I can meet someone really romantic, I would like to walk in to my room and be fulled of balloons and then roses on my bed and right in the middle the necklace that have a personal message for the one I love...
                        I Might just take the room full of balloons, and the flowers on the bed from this one I've given him a necklace and I'm not due to upgrade it again til he's 30 or it breaks.

Originally posted by garnet View Post
                        I'm not going to answer the question you asked, but I will say, the whole growing him a baby thing is pretty good. The getting it out of you is extraordinary. How much more could he need?
                        I'm making the baby more for me than him. It would be like baking him a chocolate cake right now... he would know that's really a gift for me. However... I could really go for cake. <shifty eyes>

Originally posted by dianacakes View Post
                        Or buy me a pretty dress that he wants me to wear and take me to a fancy restaurant. It sucks that our birthdays are the same day because we both have to be spoiled that day, hahaha. Sometimes I wish we had different birthdays :P

As for your gift idea: Why not cook him a birthday breakfast! And then invite all yalls friends over for food/drinks and fun. So that he'll get lots of attention on his special day!
                        And I should buy him a nice going-out shirt + tie, for him to find on the bed under the balloons. And then take him out for a nice dinner. Maybe centrepoint, we haven't done that one yet.

I can't invite mates around for him, that's the thing. They are in a different country. And my mates are fine and all, but.... well... it's not the same. Not yet anyway

Hot air balloon sounds awesome. I'm terrified of heights though, I'd probably drop my placenta right there in the basket haha.

Zorbing eh? I'm going to have to look into that, it sounds amazing hahaha.

Nicole, I desperately want to do the themed room thing too! So hilarious.

Hmmm, there's a spa around the corner. I'm going to need to get him out of the house while I blow up all those balloons too..... SHit! I'm going to be late for work!
                        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Working...
                        X