Ideas for her birthday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for her birthday?

Hey guys, I know im starting threads left, right and centre here, and there are already a few threads on this, but I figured id try anyways.

It's my girl's birthday coming up in slightly over a month and since its the first one we'll have spent together and since I haven't been in a LDR before, I was interested in what you guys have done.

We know each others addresses, so sending something is possible (time is the issue I guess, im not sure how long stuff takes to send?). Im in the strange position of not owning a credit/debit card however, so buying something off of the internet and getting it sent isn't really viable, unless I were to get a family member to do it for me.

Currently, Im 99% on writing a poem for her and reading it over cam, doing some erm, 'particular' stuff during the call (which she said about, so I figure that's a good idea lol). Over the past few months ive written down things I love about her (when she's been asleep and we cant talk or whatever), so telling her about that seems an idea (if not really a present).

Have you read though the threads in the gift ideas section? Tons of ideas already floating around in the forum if you look. I'm sure she would like a poem or buy her things from england and then send them to her, doesn't have to require a credit card.

Comment

I think your poem sounds like a nice idea. 9 times out of 10, it's the thought they love, and the effort you make more than most.

I bought my girlfriend a pendant from Swarovski about a week ago, no particular reason; she told me she loved me after I left America so i wanted to get her something 'special' if you like to kinda mark this stage in our relationship, and something to remind her of me.
      I'm gonna send it tomorrow at the post office which should cost like 4 quid, and it might take about 3-5 days. So not too long.

I think sending her a poem might be cool too. The idea of receiving something physical from one another is always that little more special.
      Also if you did send her a gift through the post, I wouldn't worry if it's a little late. Again if you make the effort to send something instead of nothing at all, i'm sure she will love it.

Comment

@ Snow_Girl, ive had a little look round, and have noted some good ideas. I figure sending something that is distinctly English (she loves my accent, why ill never know lol, and is really enthusiastic whenever we talk about the culture over here), would be a good idea.

Originally posted by Jango View Post
        I think your poem sounds like a nice idea. 9 times out of 10, it's the thought they love, and the effort you make more than most.

I bought my girlfriend a pendant from Swarovski about a week ago, no particular reason; she told me she loved me after I left America so i wanted to get her something 'special' if you like to kinda mark this stage in our relationship, and something to remind her of me.
        I'm gonna send it tomorrow at the post office which should cost like 4 quid, and it might take about 3-5 days. So not too long.

I think sending her a poem might be cool too. The idea of receiving something physical from one another is always that little more special.
        Also if you did send her a gift through the post, I wouldn't worry if it's a little late. Again if you make the effort to send something instead of nothing at all, i'm sure she will love it.
        Yeah the thought is more what counts, as opposed to like buying her a crapload of clothes or something, which wouldn't be too much of a personal thing (wasnt planning that btw lol). Im actually writing the poem now, so there's a start, will re-draft it over the weeks. I had no idea sending something would be quite that cheap, or take so little time, thats great. Most of the reason why I started this thread now was to account for whether stuff would take a while to send.

Cheers guys

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishMan View Post
          Yeah the thought is more what counts, as opposed to like buying her a crapload of clothes or something, which wouldn't be too much of a personal thing (wasnt planning that btw lol). Im actually writing the poem now, so there's a start, will re-draft it over the weeks. I had no idea sending something would be quite that cheap, or take so little time, thats great. Most of the reason why I started this thread now was to account for whether stuff would take a while to send.

Cheers guys
          I sent her a few thinks in a padded envelope back in May, and yeah i was surprised too. It's decided on weight though, so it will vary.
          I think i sent it off on a Tuesday, and she said she got some post on a Friday or Saturday. So within the same week.

Comment

Originally posted by Jango View Post
            I sent her a few thinks in a padded envelope back in May, and yeah i was surprised too. It's decided on weight though, so it will vary.
            I think i sent it off on a Tuesday, and she said she got some post on a Friday or Saturday. So within the same week.
            Yeah I assumed the more I send (or the bigger it is etc) the longer it'll take/more expensive it'll be. I figured it would be a matter of weeks rather than days though so thats cool. Cheers man

Comment

Poem sounds like a great idea and things from England like if she has a sweet tooth send some sweets or a book on the city where you live. A photo of you in a frame maybe? my SO and I have the same picture in frames in our homes, Makes it feel like he's not so far away.
              As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I once did the "What I love about you" thing to my SO, and he seemed to love it. I sent it to him by email when he was at work one night, at that time I think it was about over 50 reasons or something.. quite a lot, anyway So I think that's a cute idea. Also, I'm sure she'd love a poem, too! Maybe do a small crafty thing that you don't have to spend a lot of money on, decorate a heart thingy that's easy to send as well or something.. I've done them for my SO as well haha. I'm sure she'll love anything you send her

Comment

I've found shipping has been really quick lately- I sent my dad a birthday present back to the UK on Thursday and he got it the Tuesday after.

For our first anniversary my SO folded 50 origami cranes, each with a reason why he loved me inside- I spent the day unfolding them That cost a lot shipping though, because it was a big box! You could buy a pack of playing cards (maybe find a novelty set which means something to you guys) and write 52 reasons on it, which would fit in a small padded envelope.

Also, a little teddy bear sprayed with your cologne/body spray is always cute I always used to snuggle with my bear at night and smelling my SO's scent always comforted me and made me happy

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                  <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                  The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                  <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                  <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                  Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                  Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

aww those are great ideas guys, thanks (:

I've done a poem, and I managed to fit in quite a lot about our relationship and the reasons why I love her (tis a longggg poem lol). I figure something of mine might be an idea, ive still got my childhood teddies lol, could send her one. She also does a certain pose in most of her pics, so I might take one of me doing that, frame it and send it .

Comment

Working...
                    X