Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for Card Stuffers?

Hi, everyone!

I am not sure you have heard of my situation or not; in a nut shell my SO moved from Kansas (I am in Canada, though) to Amsterdam, for a job. Anyway, all sorts of feelings tied up in the increased distance, but he has found a nice apartment and will be moving in this coming weekend and I wanted to do something small to congratulate him. I got a nice house-warming card for him and kind of lost track of time, so I need to send it off pretty quickly.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of something small, light, and inexpensive I could put in with the card. I had intended to get some copies of photos printed from our latest vacation, but he already went out and printed his favourites from that vacation and our previous albums to put in his apartment or on his desk at work! I usually like to send stickers to my friends or family in cards, but I don't think that those would be his thing. I'm a little stumped! I can draw and maybe that would be cute, but I have no idea what to draw a picture of (I did one of us kissing for our one-year anniversary).

Maybe you could your own version of one of the 'Love is...' posters? (Here's the link to some if you haven't heard of them before ) Maybe make it smaller to fit in the envelope, or maybe even photo sized so he could frame it?
    No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

Comment

I used to put glitter and confetti in my letters. And then I hoped he opened them in front of everyone! muahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by enemey96 View Post
        Maybe you could your own version of one of the 'Love is...' posters? (Here's the link to some if you haven't heard of them before ) Maybe make it smaller to fit in the envelope, or maybe even photo sized so he could frame it?
        Thanks for the link--I hadn't heard of those before. They're really cute! I am away visiting my sister and only brought a tiny sketchpad and some pastels I have really been meaning to try. My sister isn't really artsy, so I am not sure if I could dig up the proper ink pen here, but maybe I will find something.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
          I used to put glitter and confetti in my letters. And then I hoped he opened them in front of everyone! muahahaha!
          Bwahahaha! That's excellent. He actually said I could send mail to him at his workplace, until he moves into his apartment (I haven't taken him up on that yet). Can you imagine that at work? Hee hee!

That would be funny for the house-warming, also. He will find glitter for months after. I will have to ask my sister if there is a dollar store or something close by, so I can get some glitter.

Comment

Maybe a small card with your perfume sprayed on it? (: It'd be a great reminder and scent is super powerful.
            "If you get hungry enough, they say, you start eating your own heart"

Comment

Since he's already printed out pictures maybe you could make a simple cardboard cloth/paper frame for the pictures Its easy enough and would be pretty light.
              “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Crochet or Cross Stitch bookmarks!

Comment

Working...
                X