So I have this Journal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I have this Journal...

So I have this journal my girlfriend gave me...it's kind of like one of those Moleskin journals, but not as expensive. Right now, it sits on my shelf with nothing in it but my name.

So anyway, this October is our fifth anniversary, and I want to do something with this journal. Trouble is, when it comes to creative gifts like this, I am...not creative.

So far, all I've come up with is:
    -our story (obvious choice ), and
    -things I love about her.

I obviously need a lot more if I'm going to fill up this journal. Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

You could start saving ticket stubs and things you've done together to glue into it. You could put things that remind you of her in it.

Comment

The lyrics to "your" song?

Photos - get a couple of really good ones taken of yourself. Don't be shy she wants to see you!

Poetry

Dreams for your future together

A story written as though you were characters
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Maybe some of your favorite memories of you two together?
        Things that remind you of her.

Comment

Yes add those things in, such a cute idea! Like snowgirl said things that remind you of her, or pictures of you both together. (If you have them.) If not maybe take some cute pictures for her or include pictures of you now or maybe even when you were a kid! Draw her pictures, try and draw her. Even if you can't draw it'd be cute/funny!
          sigpic
          We've been together since 10.11.10

First Visit-7.13.11
          Second Visit-12.17.11
          Closed the distance-06.20.12

Comment

I've been making a journal about my boyfriend and I. So far i've added:
            - our bucket list.
            - all our movie tickets.
            - plane tickets.
            - pictures of us.
            - shells we have collected at the beach together.
            - maps from when we went to the aquarium and wax museum etc.

Comment

I was gonna suggest future dreams/plans/goals too... can't really think of much that hasn't been said yet! You should get pretty far with these me thinks

Comment

Everyone else has such great ideas, my only advice is any part of your story from her point of view. Dylan and I have a journal we each write in for two weeks until we see each other and switch. And the best part about the journal for me, is a tie between his handwriting and his view on things. I love reliving our adventures again through his eyes. It means so much to me that he's taken the time to do it, that he could put his grocery list down, and I'd be excited. (This does NOT get you off the hook, Dylan).

What a great idea, she's gonna love it!!
                My motor runs a lover's heartbeat
                It's just me and you
                Put the pedal to the metal
                Baby, turn the radio on
                We can run to the far side of nowhere
                We can run 'til the days are gone

Comment

Working...
                X