Jewelry Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jewelry Question

I didn't know where else to post this, i'm sorry if i'm posting it in the wrong spot!

My boyfriend bought me a ring for my birthday (just something to wear to remind me of him) and he told me that he couldn't spend a lot so the ring isn't exactly well made, i don't care at all its the thought that counts besides i love it anyway. It started turning my finger a greenish color but there's no wear or tear on the ring itself? I've only had it for a couple days.

Are there any ways that I can prevent the greenish color? I thought about putting the ring on a necklace but isn't that a symbol of an engagement?
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

You can wear any ring on a necklace Frodo wasn't engaged.

The green colour comes from the acids in your skin interacting with the type of metal. Things that may help include moving the ring to dry underneath it after you wash your hands, and trying different hand creams, but I've never found anything that makes it go away.

I would try painting the inside of the ring with clear nail polish so that the metal isn't in direct contact with the skin - but I'm strange and I don't know if it would work.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
      You can wear any ring on a necklace Frodo wasn't engaged.

The green colour comes from the acids in your skin interacting with the type of metal. Things that may help include moving the ring to dry underneath it after you wash your hands, and trying different hand creams, but I've never found anything that makes it go away.

I would try painting the inside of the ring with clear nail polish so that the metal isn't in direct contact with the skin - but I'm strange and I don't know if it would work.
      Thank you so much <3 Necklace it is lol
      Made it official: 12-01-10
      First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
      Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Working...
      X