Best gift your SO has ever gotten you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best gift your SO has ever gotten you?

Weather CD or LD whats the best gift your SO has gotten you?

Back when Robert and I first started dating, I told him in passing how I always wanted a cookie cake.
    A cookie cake is basically a HUGE cookie... and you guessed it, its the size of a cake.

So for my birthday he had gotten me one, it was a complete surprise he even got the icing in my favorite colors, red and black. And of course that birthday NO ONE touched the cake my parents had gotten because everyone had wanted my giant cookie!!!! And my parents made me share it Y_Y lol.

So what is the best or most memorable gift your SO has gotten you?
    " There is always hope.
    "

The best gift my SO has given me would have to be the tickets to go see him... But the most memorable gift he sent to my house was not for me but for my kids... He shipped them a ton of toys including a car to ride on!! It was a huge box!! Completely crazy!! It seemed like such random things and ended up being some of their favorite toys that they still play with every day 2 years later (and my kids have no shortage of toys!) Whenever he helps me chose something for the girls it is always a big hit too... I tease him and tell him it is because he has never grown up himself...
    First met online: June, 2010
    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Third visit together: August, 2012
    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

I love those cookie cakes...yum yum.....

My SO has given me a few memorable gifts, one being the huge bear he sent me when I returned home to England from spending nearly three months with him. It was so I had something soft to cuddle up too as he wasn't with me......

He's also sent me numerous drawings over the years that are just amazing and there all so personal to us and what we were going through at the time......

Then lastly for my birthday this year he sent me an IPod touch, really wasn't expecting it. So was a real surprise..

I do actually prefer the drawings to anything else he's given me because he put so much time and effort in to them & they will will always mean so much to me....

Started Writing - February 2010
      First Visit - September 2010
      Second Visit - June 2011
      Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
      Our Wedding Day - April 2012
      Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
      NOA1 - July 2012
      NOA2 - December 2012
      Fourth Visit - December 2012
      Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

I don't know if this counts, but the biggest surprise my SO has ever given me was whisking me off to the Channel Islands on our second anniversary. He wouldn't tell me where we were going for weeks; even on the day I had to wait until we'd reached the ferry terminal and figure it out by myself. I could never have guessed! We had a wonderful time, I'll never forget those 48 hours for as long as I live

If we're talking about actual presents though, then it's a tie between a gorgeous ceramic lamp and a small toy dog who keeps me company every night

Comment

My SLR camera with two lens' for my birthday last year

Comment

I'm going to be all ooey goey and say his heart because I'm in a very girly mood today and very much in love :red face:

Other than that, I must say it's been tickets. First set is 2 tickets to an Iron Maiden concert with an Airline ticket to stay for 2 weeks this summer and go to the concert together

Second is flights to visit a very good friend I met here on LFAD this was my graduation present and I was extremely touched by his gesture and generosity! It also meant a lot that he encouraged me to go even though he was very worried something would go wrond and he'd be on the other side of the US unable to help. Turned out to be a too short visit!
            Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
            And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
            ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Most thoughtful would be the 50m of bubble wrap he bought for me during exam period much better than flowers!

Best gift however, he bought me half a puppy (not a horrendous mafia-movie way); I was getting really sad and lonely so he let me have a puppy we split the cost so he's equally both ours, but it's really helped me not turn into a horrible person now I have some company when my SO is at work all day!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
              <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
              The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
              <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
              <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
              Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
              Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ioanna View Post

Second is flights to visit a very good friend I met here on LFAD this was my graduation present and I was extremely touched by his gesture and generosity! It also meant a lot that he encouraged me to go even though he was very worried something would go wrond and he'd be on the other side of the US unable to help. Turned out to be a too short visit!
                lots of blushing going on over here on the other side of the US from your SO. It was a great gift for me too! And yes, it was too short. I'm already planning on coming to see you over there very soon after you arrive. I just haven't told you yet.

Best gifts from my SO have been experiences. He's not so into buying "things" but he loves to expose me to things I've never seen/done before. Last fall he surprised me with a romantic trip on an old train to see the changing of the leaves on the trees. He put together a secret picnic and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by nicole View Post
                  Most thoughtful would be the 50m of bubble wrap he bought for me during exam period much better than flowers!
                  that is AWESOME!!!

the best gift I've gotten from my SO was my lavaliere. It's a necklace that he gave to me during a sold-out performance of the men's choir he was in during college. (he serenaded me on stage and everything!! )

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                  Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                  Progress: Working on it.

Comment

The best gift my SO has given me so far might not be expensive or extremely fancy, but I just found it so cute I almost started crying when he gave it to me. He'd been all mysterious about what he was getting me, but he kept telling me it messed up his fingers and he had cuts all over them. I was trying to figure out what it was for 5 months, but I just couldn't xD Then on our 1 year anniversary, he gave it to me. He'd taken a big piece of marble that we found in Rome while walking along the Via Appia Antica (we saved it for sentimental value, I've got so many little stones and stuff from various places we've been xD), and chiseled it into a heart. And on one side he'd carved in our names, and on the other "Always". I now keep it on my bedside table, and it was just lovely indeed

Met online: February 2011
                    Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

The best gift that my SO has given me...thats kinda a tough one. Its a toss up between a ceramic art piece that he did back in high school which he did not mean to give to me I kinda stole it since he wanted to get rid of it anyways lol and his class ring that is on a chain his grandmother had given to him. I never take that ring off my neck lol

Comment

I'm not too big on gifts, though he's gotten me a few small things, so I'll have to say him being here last Christmas was the best gift he's given me, and the best he could have given me The bracelet he gave me was beautiful, but not as beautiful as him being able to give it in person.
                        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I'd have to agree with Moon. I got lots of tokens of appreciation from him, but the best present is the fact he bought his plane tickets and will spend Christmas with me here.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

The best gift I've gotten so far from my SO has to be my necklace. He and I were together at my grandparents on Easter morning, we went hunting for eggs in the garden with my cousins when he came up to me and stole one from my basket! I got all mad at him and told him to give it back, he instead offered me one of his own eggs from his basket, throwing it into mine and I demanded he returned the one he stole, he gave in and gave it back and then asked for his own back, which I responded with, "No, you don't get it back as punishment for stealing mine to begin with." He walked away with a big grin on his face. Then when we were opening the eggs inside, one of them had a necklace with my birthstone in it, I got confused and looked at my cousin's baskets to see if they had gotten one too. Then I looked up at my SO who was on the couch, he had the BIGGEST smile on his face and told me, "Happy Easter Jen" and explained to me his little egg trick. Also adding a tease of, "Good thing your so stubborn and mean that you wouldn't give me back that egg, made it work out perfectly.<3"

It was the sweetest gesture he's done for me when it comes to gifts...I'll never forget it and I wear that necklace every day to this day. And even better that he has his own birthstone necklace to match it. <3

Comment

The best gift my SO has ever given me were the plane tickets to go see him, that was really the only gift he's ever given me but boy I'd take plane tickets once a year over tons of little nick-knacks throughout the year.

Notes:
                              Met: 8.17.09
                              Started Dating: 8.20.09
                              First Met: 10.2.10
                              Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Working...
                              X