Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas gifts for the so and his mother?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas gifts for the so and his mother?

Hello there. ^_^;

Since it takes me a while to gather money right now, I am contemplating what to get my so (and maybe his mother) for Christmas.
    I usually just send him a care package of sorts with random things inside, but I think I want to get an gift to go in it as well for Christmas. Do you guys have any ideas of something that could be fun or interesting.. or something? He usually gives me a budget of around $20-25 because he doesn't like to receive gifts but knows that I will send them anyway.. so he gives me a rather small budget.. well, that and also because he doesn't really have the money to return the favor (I don't mind this, but he does at times. I prefer giving gifts over receiving them anyway. XD).

It can't be anything too big that yells "MY GIRLFRIEND SENT THIS GIFT" because his mother thinks that we are just friends at the moment (it really seems that sleeping in her sons bed for a month would have given that away, but if she knows she hasn't said anything. lol). We are not openly telling her at the moment because she is rather religious and when I visit him I stay in her house.

Which brings me to my next question. What should I get his mother? Should I send her anything?
    I'm pretty sure that I'm at least going to send her a card, but I was wondering if I should send a gift as well. As far as I know, she seems to really like me, keeps saying that I should move there or visit again soon, and she gave me a going away present when I cam back home over the summer. I kinda feel that I should give her something but I'm not sure, and if so, I have no idea what.

My SO is 21, and is more of a nerd/gamer and not really into sports or anything.
    His mother is 60-ish (I think she's a few years into her sixties) and is a very religious (pentecostal christian) woman.

So, ideas would be awesome! I know I have a little while yet, but I like to plan things out early.
    I've been telling him to decide what he wants but I want other ideas as well because I want to give him somewhat of a surprise. ^_^;
    "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
    This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
    Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Anyone? ^^;;
    "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."

Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

How about something handmade?

Last year, I made my SO's mother some little notebooks that open from left to right so she could write her Persian poetry in it:

For my SO, he is sooo easy to shop for! haha I always go overboard because I keep seeing more things he would love! Last year I got him some sweaters (Dallas weather had gotten cold and he didn't have anything warm) , some leather gloves, some jeans, some chocolates, and baked him all sorts of goodies!
      First met online: June, 2010
      First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
      Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
      Third visit together: August, 2012
      Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
      Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
      Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
      Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Well, I got the okay from him to send her something if I want to. ^^
        He says to make it something involving her religion, so I'll just go off that for hers.

Now, to think of something for him! o 3o

Verojoon: thank you for the ideas!

Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

I grew up Pentecostal, I think anything with a Bible verse on it would be a hit. If you go into a Christian bookstore, you could look at the bookmarks or stationary with bible verses on it. Do you draw? Cross stitch? Do calligraphy?

Isaiah 40:31 or Psalm 23 are popular. You could also search google for bible verses for encouragement, cheer, or any topic!

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
          He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
          He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
          Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
          Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
          Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
          Pslam 23

Comment

Working...
          X