Handmade Cards (:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handmade Cards (:

I know there already is a Handmade gift ideas and a cute craft ideas thread but I've got quite a lot to post and hope its okay starting a new one.

I've been nipped by the crafting bug and originally started crafting cards to raise money for a charity but it became more of calming hobby (: There's something special about handmade gifts and I found that making cards is quite easy, cheap and fun! I tend to recycle bits from old cards, wallpaper samples, dried flowers/leaves and any other odds and ends I find laying around. I even tried chocolate wrappers once. I spread out on the floor with a mess of everything and try various layouts until one sticks with me.

Thought I'd share a couple of my creations and what I used to make them. Hope you enjoy and pick up on some ideas! (:

I've left the best to the last, my boy made me this card for my birthday. He included this little note: "Okay so I figured the card needs an explanation. I wanted to do something that involved stars since we've talked about star gazing quite a lot. This let me to onto looking up constellations. Ursa Major struck a note since also known as the great bear. Since you delivered me Melbert (whom I adore < 3) [Melbert is our teddy bear] I thought the great bear reminds me of you. Hopefully when I come visit we'll be able to gaze at it." I was so unbelievably touched, the thoughtfulness behind this simply made me melt. And to think that he made it all by himself! *squees*

Here's the card, the stars are in the shape of Ursa Major, along with the scented tissue (which smells like him) and oodles of confetti:

“The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

These are adorable!! So creative!

Comment

Thank you
      “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

the card he made for you was so thoughtful and super cuteee. if only my bf was creative to think of something like that... hahah and your handmade cards look awesome!

Comment

Your cards are gorgeous, you should try selling them! I really like the one your SO made too - very original

Comment

Your cards are lovely! Try experimenting with quilling or origami too. I have made a few quilling cards and they have volume. They're kind of hard to transport without pressing the paper but they're so beautiful.

Quilled flowers look like this:
            Last edited by rina; October 2, 2012, 03:37 PM.

Comment

@ dianacakes - Thank you! I was so floored by how much thought he put into it I still squee whenever I look at it ;x

@ lademoiselle - Thanks (: I was thinking about doing that but I'm not sure how to go about charging for them with postage factored in. I should probably snoop around etsy.

@ rina - That's a lovely idea! I'll definitely look up quilling and hope I have the patience to take it on. Do you have pictures of the ones you've made? I'd love to see them I tried stuck an origami heart onto one of them but I lack patience and I just about exhausted my limits when I made my boy a hanging thing with origami animals. I had to do it twice over because the first time I mailed it the package didn't get to him. Grrr.

>Little Box<

Comment

Beautiful Work!!!! I wish there were "like" buttons!

Comment

Thank you, Joy

>Little Box<

Comment

Nice creativity. I like this idea. I am going to implement it in my fiancee birthday

Comment

Love these <3
                      Love knows not distance, time, or logic.

Evan & Megan <3

Comment

Thanks I've pressed some flowers and maple leaves. Can't wait to work out something with them!

>Little Box<

Comment

It really looks awesome
                          Any chance we get tutorials? hahaha

Comment

Thank you The wonderful thing about making these is there is no real thought process and therefore, no tutorial! I have a box of things I've collected (old cards, wallpaper scraps, ribbons, wrapping paper, scrapbook paper, tiny odds and ends) then I just lay everything out and start placing pieces together. Once I like how it looks, I glue it all down Just have fun and get messy!

I made a few Christmas themed cards;

>Little Box<

Comment

Working...
                            X