Sharing a journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing a journal

Hi I'm just so excited I had to share this somewhere!

I remember reading the 100 things for ld couples to do list on this site ages ago and thinking the journal idea was pretty cool.

Anyway my SO leaves on Wednesday, pretty last minute kinda stuff anyway, I got an amazon prime free trial so bought two journals today!! I'm only planning on using one but I couldnt choose between without seeing them so I decided to get both and then choose.

Anyway I'm really excited to get them and share the idea with him! they're leather based so I don't plan on posting them but I think he can have it first and then I'll get it on our visit together over Christmas, give it to his parents to give to him when they visit in feb and then pick it up when I visit in April/May. yep I'm pretty excited... Should probably stop planning!

Anyway I'll stop rambling, anyone else doing this idea? How's it working out for people?

Dylan and I do this! It's awesome And the planning thing is good! You'll want a schedule so it's fairly 'even'.

Dylan and I exchange our journal every two weeks (during visits). It's always the first thing I pack when I get ready to drive down to see him and once I read what he wrote (we like to read it in front of each other), it goes into my suitcase so I can take it home.

It's working out really well. I write more than he does, but it's only in number of words. I love reading what he's written and it means so much to me to see things that we've done through his eyes. That's one of my favorite things. The other is his handwriting. We write as often as we want during the two weeks and we date each entry and start them like a letter. Mine always start: Cariad, (Welsh for Darling/Lover) and his mostly start with Tesoro (Italian for Treasure). Then we just write whatever comes to mind. I've written about the day we met... he's written of his frustrations with the distance... We've referenced children and what's going on currently in our lives and decisions we're making about being together. It's a chronicle of our relationship, so we try to write about EVERYTHING, good AND bad.

I started writing quotes in the margins of my entries... just things that he and I have said, or things that relate to what we're going through, or sweet things. And I taped a typed poem in the front of it. He wrote on the first page both of our full names and our date. It's been a lot of fun and I'm so excited to hear about your journaling!!!

Congrats and keep us informed!! (And I totally feel your excitement....I'm getting excited about reading ours in 8 days!)
    My motor runs a lover's heartbeat
    It's just me and you
    Put the pedal to the metal
    Baby, turn the radio on
    We can run to the far side of nowhere
    We can run 'til the days are gone

Comment

This is an awesome way to express your feeling. I like it.

Comment

It was my SO's idea to start an online journal, and I think it was one of the best ideas he had (he got it from this site). So far it's been working out pretty well. We don't always write in it, or have a set schedule for writing, but it's been a life saver a few times. It's nice to write about all of our thoughts, frustrations, feelings, and other misc. ideas like recipes and silly notes to each other. It's a great way to open up to each other and get insight into the other's thoughts and feelings. ^_^ I hope it's working out for you both!
        “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
        ― Marilyn Monroe

Comment

My SO and I started with writing journals for eachother in February when I went to Senegal. For once, I visited a place where he hadn't been, also it's an experience I never want to forget, so I decided to buy a journal and bring it Since then we've bought new journals, one each, they're rather small so it's no problem to bring them back to eachother to read whenever we get together.
          We don't have a set schedule or anything either, we write when we feel like it and we read them whenever we get together. It's been a great way for us (mostly me) to express feelings, whenever I feel bad about something I often start off with writing it down in the journal to get a perspective and gather enough energy to talk about it. It can be anything, general PMS, arguing in the family or just a bad day in school or at work.
          In any case, I'm sure you'll get as hooked on it (if you aren't already) as the rest of us
          We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

i kept one for her to read when she came here to see me...she thought it was cute...now we are doing these books called "wreck this journal"...it's alot of fun...i got her one and me one...and when she gets here in january..we are gonna trade journals..and see how the other did...its fun...and you get to see how your significant other thinks and such...check it out

Comment

My SO and I do this. We have one journal that we swap back and forth. Right now he has it, and I'm hoping he remembers to bring it with him on his visit (HE COMES HOME THURSDAY!) so I can read what he's been up to and write some stuff myself. We started this journal when I went on a cruise and had no contact with him for 4 days. I wrote in it every night so that I wouldn't forget to tell him stuff once we finally talked again! He's had it for 6 months so there's no telling how much stuff I'm gonna have to read, but I can't wait Happy journaling!

Comment

Working...
              X