Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First wedding anniversary ideas?

Hey everyone,

I've been peeking into the forums and past threads for ideas for our very first wedding anniversary. It's coming up in November, but here's the kicker: I will be moving to Scotland two days before the anniversary date! My SO is currently doing some training for work, so we decided that I come over after he has completed it.

I'm looking for any sort of ideas that run along the traditional gift for the first anniversary: paper. Japan has also been a huge part of both of our lives, so I was thinking of somehow incorporating that, too.

So far the ideas have been:

- tickets to a special event
    - a scrapbook
    - making origami into shapes of stuff that reminds us of things (i.e. making an origami heart and writing on it reasons I love him, something like that)
    - drawing/painting a picture of us

And that's all I've got so far. I want to avoid using paper currency because I feel like that's too easy and it might seem I haven't put any thought into it.. Because I will be moving, I can't bring something that will take huge loads of space in what little precious suitcase space I have.. so something compact would be preferable.

Any ideas, thoughts, cheers, and even random support will be greatly appreciated! Stories and past experience would be awesome too, from past LDR veterans. Thanks!
Working...
X