Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what kind of Christmas gift will you give to ur SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what kind of Christmas gift will you give to ur SO?

Hey guys,

I know there was a thread like this one before but it was old so i decided to make a new one.
    I was wondering what kind of gift you will give to your SO for christmas this year. I have no idea what to buy for him or what he would like. It will be the first time ever that I will send him a gift and send a package internationally. Im curious what you guys will give. Maybe i can get cool ideas for a gift.

I tend to get my SO useful gifts - throughout the year, not just limited to Christmas This year his present is a messenger bag (I think that's what you'd call it); he doesn't have a decent bag to carry his documents to and from work in, so I thought it might come in handy!

Comment

i am planning on getting him i dont really know as of yet, however we are both putting money towards a weekend cruise for the both of us

Comment

I'm glad you started this thread Nbaby, because I would like some ideas too. I haven't the foggiest what to get my hubby and money's really tight so that makes it harder. I was thinking of sending him a parcel with allsorts of goodies in but what those goodies are I dont know. Also got to get it sorted soon because of the last postal dates from UK to USA.......

Started Writing - February 2010
        First Visit - September 2010
        Second Visit - June 2011
        Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
        Our Wedding Day - April 2012
        Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
        NOA1 - July 2012
        NOA2 - December 2012
        Fourth Visit - December 2012
        Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

Oh, I have a list. Our 6 month is Dec 6th and yes I know lots of people don't support the whole monthaversy thing but, 6 months is the only one i celebrate then its all years. Anyway, he picked out this thing in a paraphernalia section of a shop that I'll get him for that rather then Christmas since I would prefer to get this that in private. For Christmas though, i got him this t-shit with a guitar you can play on it. Comes with a cute mini amp you carry in ur pocket. I'm also gonna get him a deluminator replica from Harry Potter, and this knife he picked out since he collects them. But he's coming with me to get it bc I'll get the wrong one and they are nonrefundable.
          "You want for myself
          You get me like no one else
          I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
          Even in the darkest part of me
          I am beautiful with you
          Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
          You're here with me
          Just show me this and I'll believe
          I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

I'm cross stitching him a photo of his favorite shrine.

Comment

I was told that I was only allowed to send her a card and a letter considering we are saving up big time and budget is really tight but I am a rebel and I do want to do something nice so maybe I'll send her something small in a bubble wrap envelope or in general a very small box. Perhaps one of my shirts and some handmade goodies. A few cards and pictures and so on. Definitely looking forward to see if anybody is in the same situation as me and see what they're getting their SO's as well.

Comment

Last year I sent him a card, a letter, and a cash card for a game that we were playing at the time. We weren't actually together then though. This year we will have been together for a little over 8 months so I kinda use that as an okay to get him something that's a little more personal and a little more costly. He generally gives me a budget of around $20 (for Christmas, birthdays, etc) because we are both rather poor when it comes to having money to spend, but he took that limit away for Christmas this year.. even though he apparently was hoping that I wouldn't cross it anyway.
                This year he is getting a care package of sorts containing a small Christmas stocking (one of the cheap ones that you can get for 50 cent to $1) that I have painted a few small details (like his name) onto full of candies and stuff, a card, a letter (the main thing that he always asks me to send is a letter), a couple small insider gifts.. that most people will have no idea what they mean, and the main gift that I am giving him. Everything, except the stocking, is going to be wrapped or packaged the way it would be if it was just being given and not being shipped to him.

Honestly, for the main gift, I wanted to get him these, but they were sold out and I couldn't. So I just went down my list of things that he has mentioned wanting (I bookmarked them all for occasions like Christmas and birthdays xP) and picked the thing that I liked best after that, which was this (Slightly nsfw).
                Last edited by XxFranticLovexX; November 17, 2012, 05:58 PM.
                "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
                This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
                Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

I got her a white and blue topaz heart in sterling silver and a bangle/watch with a mother of pearl dial (actually got this one a while back, just wasn't able to send it yet :P) and probably a Santa teddy bear with a Christmas card, a hand-written letter and my special guitar pick for her to hold on to for me (until the day we are together and she can return it). I'm pretty sure I should send the package a few weeks in advance though to make sure she gets it in time, international shipping usually takes a while, then again I should probably ship priority lol

Comment

I asked my SO what he wanted because my sentimental gifts would be totally lost on him

So I'm getting him some cheap computer parts because he's building his own gaming desktop. Such a nerd but I love him.

Notes:
                    Met: 8.17.09
                    Started Dating: 8.20.09
                    First Met: 10.2.10
                    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I asked Rick what he'd want me to send him if I were to send him one thing. He told me a WVU hoodie. It got here yesterday. I've also got him a special card, and may grab a few other little things between now & when I send it.

ETA: whoa, tomorrow makes a month. Pretty cool! Still waiting for our first argument of any size...that usually tells me a lot more than this honeymoon stuff LOL
                      Last edited by Gurl; November 17, 2012, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rubydissolution View Post
                        Oh, I have a list. Our 6 month is Dec 6th and yes I know lots of people don't support the whole monthaversy thing but, 6 months is the only one i celebrate then its all years. Anyway, he picked out this thing in a paraphernalia section of a shop that I'll get him for that rather then Christmas since I would prefer to get this that in private. For Christmas though, i got him this t-shit with a guitar you can play on it. Comes with a cute mini amp you carry in ur pocket. I'm also gonna get him a deluminator replica from Harry Potter, and this knife he picked out since he collects them. But he's coming with me to get it bc I'll get the wrong one and they are nonrefundable.
                        When i was looking for christmas present ideas on a website i actually saw that shirt with the guitar lol. Would be a nice gift but I dont know his size and he might get suspicious if i ask. I think I will make a package of mini gifts. I saw a vaccuum cleaner for ur keyboard. I also saw a cute mini usb christmas tree and ofc a christmas card. But im not sure yet. Btw i love the gifts you guys have for ur SO's. Very original.

Comment

I've bought my SO a supercar driving experience! It's for about 6 laps in a Ferrari, aston martin, lambo etc etc and he's going to be thrilled! I've also booked us a lunch at the Hand & Flowers, a 2 michelin star pub

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                          Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

I'm getting him this: https://www.dollargeneral.com/produc...86&cagpspn=pla

Last visit, we were walking through Rite Aid and they had one and he stopped dead and I swear there was drool. The funny thing is, I had looked at the one they put out last year to give to him but couldn't find it anywhere in stock to buy it. This year - he's getting it

Comment

Originally posted by kteire View Post
                              I've bought my SO a supercar driving experience! It's for about 6 laps in a Ferrari, aston martin, lambo etc etc and he's going to be thrilled! I've also booked us a lunch at the Hand & Flowers, a 2 michelin star pub
                              That sounds like such an awesome gift!

Comment

Working...
                              X