Gifts for a guitarist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gifts for a guitarist?

I'm looking for any unusual gifts that a guitarist might need. I don't play myself so I'm not sure whats useful/not useful? I assume he has most of the main things already (tuner, strings etc). I'm looking for something that he may not have thought to buy, either practical or novelty?

Any ideas welcomed! Thanks
    Si tu n'etais pas la
    Comment pourrais-je vivre
    Je ne connaitrais pas
    Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
    Quand je suis dans tes bras
    Mon coeur joyeux se livre
    Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
    Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

I don't know much about it neither...
    But, my bf plays guitar as well and he kept saying: 'Damn, I'm always losing my guitar picks....'

So one day I made a gift box with tons of stuff inside, including a bear holding a bag, inside the bag I've put guitar picks of all sizes/colors for both electric and acoustic guitar.
    ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

All I can think about is picks, too. Most guitarists use tons of them, haha! I've heard you can have ones made with pictures on them, https://www.pickfactory.com/ this website could be useful Good luck!

Comment

Get him a pick punch! I got one for my SOs bday, its like a big hold punch the shape of a pick and you can use old cards to make picks....he'll never run out! Also ooogo to www.myfunkycamera.com and they have some cool guitar straps.

Comment

I myself am a guitarist and I have to agree. Buy him a box of picks or get him a pick punch. I find that no matter what I do, I always run out of picks. Get some in regular and small sizes and in regular, thinner and slightly thicker sizes. That way he can play for anything. The smaller ones for solos whilst the bigger ones for anything. Thinner ones for strumming and thicker ones for plucking and etc.

If you're feeling brave try to get him a cleaning set. Look at some of the Planet Waves stuff, they always keep my guitars looking awesome.

Comment

Haha I am always buying my one picks. Everyone got there before me.

Comment

i play bass...and yes...picks...lol...maybe a special guitar strap from you...personalize it....i know i would love that

Comment

I have a friend that plays and I also agree on the picks. You could maybe even get him a few spare parts that he may need later (extra strings, cords for his amp if he plays electric, batteries for his tuner if it needs them, etc), or you could get him a guitar strap, or even a wall mount to hang the guitars on.
                "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
                This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
                Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

You can get some pretty awesome looking guitar stands. You could also get vouchers for music stores in his area or something!

Comment

Agreed on picks, though not all guitarists use them (though most do). I'm more of a fingerpicking player and instead use my nails as kind of picks. But if he does use them it's a great idea. Other than that I'd agree that a strap would be great.

Another thing that is useful is educational books and DVD's. I gave my brother a DVD called "Fretboard Roadmaps" a few years ago to improve his soloing technique.

Comment

What about a strap?

Or one of those foot pedals that changes the way the electric guitar sounds?

(obviously I'm no guitar player, but my brother has a few)

Or if you're feeling really fancy get him a new amp.

Or a clamp? Or a tuner? Get his guitar re-strung?

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                        What about a strap?

Or one of those foot pedals that changes the way the electric guitar sounds?

(obviously I'm no guitar player, but my brother has a few)

Or if you're feeling really fancy get him a new amp.

Or a clamp? Or a tuner? Get his guitar re-strung?
                        Stomp boxes (effect pedals) and amps can be quite costly, and I would recommend you to ask what kind of effects he'd use. There are also different boxes and amps that can be used depending on the kind of sound you are looking for, so to be able to buy one of those you would have to know his playing style and the kind of music he plays. If you do, and are confident that what you buy will fit though, go for it And strings can never go wrong, but there too is the fact that different players like different types of strings. People who play a lot of solos on the electric guitar usually uses quite thin strings for example, to improve the ability to bend notes, while heavy metal players usually hammer heavily on chords and would use a heavier string.

Sorry for the ramble, but I hope someone found something new to take away from it

Comment

Ok, Thanks guys, I've gone with a Pick wallet I found on amazon. Forgot to mention the present is for my dad :P I bought him a pick punch for xmas last year, so now he has somewhere to put them. The wallet also comes with different size and thickness of picks (Which I'm guessing reflect playing style). He plays bass (which he borrows) in a band but has his own semi-acoustic "ovation" guitar. I was thinking about some cleaning solution for christmas? (Wish I could stretch to buying him his own bass though!! lol)
                          Si tu n'etais pas la
                          Je ne connaitrais pas
                          Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
                          Quand je suis dans tes bras
                          Mon coeur joyeux se livre
                          Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
                          Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

Working...
                          X