Photobook Recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photobook Recommendation?

I want to get a photobook made for my SO for Christmas and I was hoping that someone has already done this and could give me a good website recommendation? You know the ones where you design it online with all your pictures and maybe some text and then they print it into a pretty book?
    (I know I could just google "photobook" , but I want to know which sites have nice quality books and what not.)

Anyone done this before? What website did you use?

You don't have a mac do you? I was going to say in iphoto they are great stuff. Kodak used to have but I don't know if that part of them has also gone out of business. Shutterfly has good deals a lot as well.

Comment

I used Picaboo to make mine in the past... it's great because you can customize what kind of cover (hard or soft) you want too

sigpic

Comment

I've used both shutterfly and blurb.

Here is the photobook I made with Blurb:

First met online: June, 2010
        First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
        Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Third visit together: August, 2012
        Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
        Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
        Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

I've used Picaboo and just the cvs one online as well. Both are pretty easy to use and customize.

Comment

I made one for a Christmas present using Shutterfly. It arrived in the mail yesterday and it's fantastic. I couldn't be more happy with the way it turned out. It was easy to do.

Comment

If you can swing the slightly higher cost, go to Mpix. I've done a side by side of both prints and photo books from there and shutterfly, and honestly I wont even use free prints from shutterfly again, the quality has been consistently awful. I know that isn't a popular opinion, because the prices are great, and they often have free or super low cost deals, but just speaking for me, mpix > all others. I got really obsessive about quality because I'm a digital scrapbooker, and I got prints, or if I could afford it, a small book, just to see the best way to go and it was very clear.

Comment

Originally posted by garnet View Post
                If you can swing the slightly higher cost, go to Mpix. I've done a side by side of both prints and photo books from there and shutterfly, and honestly I wont even use free prints from shutterfly again, the quality has been consistently awful. I know that isn't a popular opinion, because the prices are great, and they often have free or super low cost deals, but just speaking for me, mpix > all others. I got really obsessive about quality because I'm a digital scrapbooker, and I got prints, or if I could afford it, a small book, just to see the best way to go and it was very clear.
                MPIX makes awesome prints! I used them once, and I won't again because not only were the prices so much higher, but I had to pay duty to Canada... but if I was American and I only had the higher prices to worry about, I would use it for any project I really care about the quality!

Also I used to be really big into digital scrapbooking... actually, I was a designer..
                First met online: June, 2010
                First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
                Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                Third visit together: August, 2012
                Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
                Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
                Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Thanks for all the replies! I'm going to look into it.

(and yes, snow_girl, I have a Mac. So I'll look into doing it with iphoto too!)

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
                    Thanks for all the replies! I'm going to look into it.

(and yes, snow_girl, I have a Mac. So I'll look into doing it with iphoto too!)
                    Yea do it! They are amazing quality! I make a calender every year for my mom and the photo books are awesome

Comment

Working...
                    X