Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need opinions please! Is this too girly for my SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need opinions please! Is this too girly for my SO?

I'm getting into metal stamping, but goodness it's hard to afford everything you need to get started. Anyway, the silver plated round was the only blank I had on hand. His says "HER ONLY" (mine will say "HIS ONE"). On top is a penny where I stamped June 23, and the penny is a 2012, which is when we finally became an official couple. Then since we are LD, I put an airplane on top.

So the question is, is this going to go into the closet of never seen again? Should I take off the airplane? Forget the whole thing? It's just a keychain, but I want him to like it, and like actually use it. Should I just use the penny? Penny and plane? My SO looks like he could beat the crap out of you, but he's one of the sweetest guys I've ever met. Handmade gifts are actually his favorite. He is definitely not, um... into much adornment? He wears one ring on his right left hand that matches mine, and he has earrings. He wears no other jewelry, ever. He has a billion keys, but no keychain. This is pretty small as you can see by the penny for scale, but I still don't know. I think it's either something he would love or hate. So please help!

I think as a necklace it would totally depend on the guy, but as a keychain it certainly doesn't seem to girly to me! Actually I think it's kinda awesome!
    First met online: June, 2010
    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Third visit together: August, 2012
    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

I absolutely love it! I don't know your SO but I don't think its feminine at all. I think he should most definitely use it. Its small and discreet and very meaningful. Hes very lucky to have someone who cares so much about him to put so much effort into the details of such a gift!

Comment

I gave my guy something similar to this and he put it in his wallet so that it would always be close to him. Our is a hands with a heart shaped whole in it. One part says "I miss" and the other says "you". It is also a keychain. I cannot explain it, but it helps knowing he has his half and we can join them from time to time.
        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I think it's adorable, and I think he would love it.

Comment

I don't think it's too girly. It's a very thoughtful and personal gift, your SO will be lucky to receive it

sigpic

Comment

well... the way I see it....

you put love in making it.... it sends out love giving it... that's all that matters....
              it's a lovely key chain and I bet your BF will use it with pride...
              The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Comment

I think it's a really nice key chain, but I'd take off the plane. I'm really not into girly things like gifts with names and dates and hearts on it. But I would totally use that key chain without the plane!

Comment

That's a very nice looking keychain! Well done

I agree with lucybelle, for me the airplane adds a "charm" feel to it and even as a girl I'd prefer it without. But that's coming from a person that like simple minimalist things with the motto "less is more"
                  Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                  And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                  ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

What a great idea! I'm with Io and LB though, I think the airplane might be a bit too much? Ultimately it's your design and your decision but in my opinion it doesn't need the plane.

Comment

Perhaps you could send him it without the plane but include the plane as an additional charm? Something like, "I wanted to include it anyway, but I'm not sure how I felt about the plane being attached to the keychain, so I figured I would give you the option of whether you wanted to put it on too or not." Because I really feel like it depends on the guy. My first ex... didn't want to carry anything but a picture of me, more or less, whereas my second was very much about showing off everything I made for him. My guess would be it depends on the guy and what the sentiment means to them, so perhaps take the plane off but send it along with everything else so he has the option but doesn't feel obligated to use it that way?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiedPiper View Post
                        Perhaps you could send him it without the plane but include the plane as an additional charm? Something like, "I wanted to include it anyway, but I'm not sure how I felt about the plane being attached to the keychain, so I figured I would give you the option of whether you wanted to put it on too or not." Because I really feel like it depends on the guy. My first ex... didn't want to carry anything but a picture of me, more or less, whereas my second was very much about showing off everything I made for him. My guess would be it depends on the guy and what the sentiment means to them, so perhaps take the plane off but send it along with everything else so he has the option but doesn't feel obligated to use it that way?
                        I completely agree with this. ^

I love the keychain, Garnet. What a great idea!
                        My heart belongs to a pilot!
                        ~*~
                        ~*~
                        [/center]

Comment

i dont think its girly

First met: Jan 2013
                          Started dating: 3/13/13

Comment

I think it is awesome either way, but the plane is kinda a sad reminder for me. I hate the constant goodbyes and having to fly to see each other. Maybe that is just me.
                            "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The keychain is awesome! I don't think it's too girly the metal is pretty cool. I agree with the others though to maybe take off the airplane or keep it separate. That way he can choose whether or not he likes it. But definitely give him the keychain it's awesome and sentimental

Comment

Working...
                              X