Are You More Excited About...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are You More Excited About...

Are you more excited about the gift you're GIVING your SO or the gift you're RECEIVING from your SO?

Personally, I am more excited about the gift I'm giving him. He knows what it is (iPhone 5) because he is in desperate need of a new phone. But what he doesn't know is that I also bought an Otterbox to go on it with the Miami U Hurricanes mascot on it (he is a huge Hurricanes fan). I'm always a little nervous about the gifts he gets me, but I shouldn't be because they're always awesome. Last year it was a tv for my room because I didn't have one, and the year before that it was my beautiful promise ring. I'm kind of weird about opening gifts in front of people, so opening his gifts in front of his family makes me nervous and I never really know how I should react. Last year I teared up when I opened the tv but managed not to cry.

So I'm just curious as to how ya'll have your Christmases with your SO!
    Definitely give!
    84.00%
    Definitely receive!
    16.00%

I'm more excited to give him his gift. I can't wait to see how he reacts. We haven't discussed exchanging gifts so as far as he knows I'm not getting him anything and I don't think he's planning on getting me anything. If he does it will be a big surprise and if he doesn't that's okay with me because no matter what the best gift he can give me is spending two whole weeks with me during Christmas and New Years.

Met Online: 02/2012
    Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
    First Met in person: 09/22/2012
    Started Dating: 10/30/2012
    Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

Comment

I'm getting him some sort of lame stuff this year. I mean he's totally gonna love it, but it's nothing fancy or exciting.

This year I finally asked him to buy me jewelry so I am SUPER PSYCHED to see what he picks out. And if it's not jewelry I might cut him.

Comment

I'm so much more excited about what I'm giving him!! I don't even spare a thought in advance for what he may get me...

**edited because I just remembered I gave him a link to here and who knows if he's lurking in the shadows at all!!?? Don't want to spoil any surprises!! **
        Last edited by Verojoon; December 12, 2012, 05:32 PM.
        First met online: June, 2010
        First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
        Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Third visit together: August, 2012
        Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
        Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
        Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

I think I'm more excited to give just because this will be the first thing of mine that he gets to keep so I wanna see how he'll like it

Notes:
          Met: 8.17.09
          Started Dating: 8.20.09
          First Met: 10.2.10
          Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Tis better to give than to receive

Actually, I love giving stuff all the time so it's always more exciting for me, especially when I've put a lot of thought and effort into picking something special out. And I love my SO, but his gift giving skills need a little work, so maybe someday I'll be as excited about getting one from him

-edited just to say that I love whatever he gets me, I appreciate that he thinks of me, but he has very different tastes than mine
            Last edited by blankita719; December 12, 2012, 08:07 PM.

Comment

To give... because... my SO isn't giving me anything. :P
              Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
              Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
              Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

This is our first Christmas together, and the first time we have sent each other anything, so I'm a bit paranoid about what I'm giving him actually :P I know I have nothing to be fearful of though, because I know he will love it and I can't wait to see his reaction, doesn't stop me being nervous though :P So yes, I have to be greedy and say I'm more excited to receive his I just wanna be able to trace over his handwriting with my fingers and know that he's touched the paper. :P

"My arms will be your prison" - My Boyfriend [♥] Our LDR Blog!

Started Talking - October 2012
                Started Dating - 08.11.12
                First Meeting - 08.12.13 - 39 days together
                Second Meeting - 16.12.15 - 31 days together

Rosetta Stone Progress
                ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                22 / 60

Comment

Originally posted by SmileyK View Post
                  I just wanna be able to trace over his handwriting with my fingers and know that he's touched the paper. :P
                  awww I remember that feeling the first time we sent each other things!!
                  First met online: June, 2010
                  First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
                  Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                  Third visit together: August, 2012
                  Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                  Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
                  Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
                  Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Its a tough question. I love giving people gifts and seeing how surprised and happy they are. On the other hand I love getting presents and tearing open the paper...is it Christmas yet?
                    "You want for myself
                    You get me like no one else
                    I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
                    Even in the darkest part of me
                    I am beautiful with you
                    Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
                    You're here with me
                    Just show me this and I'll believe
                    I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

Both. Im always excited to see what he gets me, I tell him not to get me things, homeade or written, but he ignores me lol But i love all his gifts and the anticipation! He spoils me but I love it. But im excited to see him open his gifts! I dont have a lot and he knows that so I cant do as much, and usually my gifts are corny... but he says he loves them. I sort of ruined the surprise this year and accidently told him part of his gift. But what he doesn't know is theres another gift in there... but its corny and i think he's said after i bought it he doesnt want it... not knowing i got it... but well see!
                      I love you Nathan <3
                      sigpic
                      5/25/09 <3

Comment

I think your referring to Christmas here, bit of a strange one for me as Thai people do not Celebrate Christmas because they are Buddhist, so my SO doesn't celebrate, infact Thai people work on the 25th too, they may have some Christmas tree's up in tourist populated area's but it's only for the tourists. So with this and the fact that I literally got back from Thailand about 3 weeks ago, I'm skint, so won't be buying anything, saying that, it was her Birthday on the 23.11.12 and I happened to be in Thailand for it, it was great, I bought her a 2 gold rings, which she wears every day and loves

But then the next day she bout me a Casio watch, I was desperately in need of a new watch, and I wear it everyday, the last thing I take off at night and the first thing I put back on in the morning, I am always nervous about what presents I buy people, and especially for her now, I want to make her so happy, she could make me happy by doing literally anything!

My next present for her now, is a Visa to the UK for 6months! and I will take care of her while she is here , looking at a cost of around £800 for the visa, the a further £600 on a return flight here and back, so I'm skint for a while

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
                        2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
                        3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
                        4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
                        5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
                        6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
                        7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
                        Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
                        UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

I'm more excited to give because for the first time I feel confident he'll like what I picked out! I had to shop for his birthday before we met, and he gave me no clues, which was awful. Now that I've stayed with him for almost a couple months, it's much easier. I love giving him gifts, handmade or purchased, he's loved them all, and it makes me soo happy to make him happy.

That being said, he had a box sent straight to me, from photojojo, eeeee! They don't sell anything I wouldn't love to have, so it is torture having to wait to open it. @_@ I really wasn't expecting anything, and would have been beyond overjoyed with a card, or a letter, so I was very surprised.

Comment

Giving, but he has already gotten his gifts from me. Since it's illegal to mail humans I don't get what I want for Christmas from him (lol) and I'm not really expecting anything anyway. Kinda hoping for a letter or something, but no actual gift. xP
                            "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
                            This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
                            Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

I got my SO a laptop (super deal at best buy since I baught an open box... more than $100 off!!) and I am super excite about it!! His step mom threw his out the window a few years back and she never replaced it. So I know he is going to love it. So this year I am more excited about what I am giving. Besides, he is terrible at secrets and I know everything he is getting me. Even the stuff that is already under the tree I have figured out, which is somewhat disapointing. But im still excited!

First christmas in OUR home! Gotta love it!
                              Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Working...
                              X