I bought something for my SO and am now thinking of not giving it to him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought something for my SO and am now thinking of not giving it to him

My SO is coming to visit me this weekend and he will be spending Christmas with me as well. He doesn't really do Christmas but he's going to be at my house and we celebrate so I've gotten him a gift and a stocking. For the stocking, I got him a few things that I knew he liked candy-wise and got that all set. Today, I had asked him just randomly if he liked Starbursts because I was eating some and was curious. He said "No" and then I asked if he just liked chocolate (which is all I got him in his stocking because I knew he liked some chocolates like baby ruth's and Hershey's bars). He tells me "I actually don't do sugar all that often" and that was the end of that little conversation.

My question is, should I still give him the stocking filled with candy on Christmas liked I had planned or should I not? I'm second guessing it now.

Met Online: 02/2012
    Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
    First Met in person: 09/22/2012
    Started Dating: 10/30/2012
    Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

LOL I give lots of candy to my SO for his stocking (We have the same situation where he if it weren't for me, he wouldn't celebrate Christmas... though he is loving having the opportunity to celebrate) He really doesn't have a very big sweet tooth... so then I get to eat a lot of it!
    First met online: June, 2010
    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Third visit together: August, 2012
    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

I still would. It's not like he has to eat it all right away. Hell, I still have chocolate left over from last Christmas

I'd just make sure to put a couple of non-junkfood things in as well.
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I'm thinking ill still give it to him. He says he doesn't eat it often and its not like I expect him to eat it all in one sitting. haha. What kind of non-junkfood things would I put in there?

Met Online: 02/2012
        Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
        First Met in person: 09/22/2012
        Started Dating: 10/30/2012
        Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

Comment

I put things like little bottles of body wash last year... oh and a pair of gloves... and I don't remember what else...

I can't say what I'm putting this year in case he stalks me... hahaha
          First met online: June, 2010
          First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
          Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
          Third visit together: August, 2012
          Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
          Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
          Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
          Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

My so isn't too big on eating candies and things a lot either but I gave him one. It wasn't really big and I didn't really add anything other than the candy to it XD
            He has apparently eaten some of the candy but not all of it, so I would say just go for it. Besides, it's the thought that counts, right?
            "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
            This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
            Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

I like the put little non junkfood things in (like the gloves and bodywash as someone mentioned)
              I would still give him the candy stocking though, cause that's cute and I think he'll appreciate that you thought of him!

First Met Online: October 2010
              First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
              Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
              First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
              Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
              Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
              Engaged!: June 1, 2013
              Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

Working...
              X