Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creative ways to give/wrap activity gifts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creative ways to give/wrap activity gifts??

I'm stumped.

I am giving my SO two gifts this Christmas, and I would really love a creative way of wrapping them up to stump him!

They're both activities - one is a supercar driving experience (This!), and the other is a lunch at the Hand & Flowers, the first pub to have 2 Michelin stars - which is actually quite affordable!! (This!). I think I splurged a bit on doing both, but I have saved so much money not flying every other week to see each other!

The driving thing included a certificate that they mailed to me, but I'd really love to have a way of wrapping them up that he'll have no clue what they are! Any suggestions? I was thinking of buying a little toy car and wrapping it up with the certificate, but is that cheesey? :P

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
    Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Originally posted by kteire View Post
    I was thinking of buying a little toy car and wrapping it up with the certificate, but is that cheesey? :P
    I think that's a really cool idea!

Comment

I think the toy car thing is a really good idea
      One thing that my brother did when wrapping up my sister's Christmas present was that he put it in a coca-cola bottle and then put some scrunched up newspaper in there with it and wrapped up the bottle
      No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

Comment

I don't know if this counts but when I was little my parents would always say presents were from random people that had something to do with the present. It was like a hint! So like for the race car thing you could say "From Ricky Bobby" (fake driver) or use a real one "From Richard Petty".

I also really like wrapping presents in maps. Super cool to me.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
          I don't know if this counts but when I was little my parents would always say presents were from random people that had something to do with the present. It was like a hint! So like for the race car thing you could say "From Ricky Bobby" (fake driver) or use a real one "From Richard Petty".

I also really like wrapping presents in maps. Super cool to me.
          Ooh, I think I'll have to sign the car one from 'Fernando Alonso' then, as much as I dislike the guy haha. That's a great idea!

I also love the idea of putting it in something with a different shape to throw him off! I can't decide on how to give him the lunch present... like print off the menu or the reservation or something?? And then put that into an odd shap of container?

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011

Comment

I'll never forget for my friend's 16th, I think it was her brother gave her $50, all made up of $5 notes and wrapped in loads of bubble wrap.

Mum on the other hand has made 21 and 50 gifts for people on their big numbers made up of stupid little presents like hotel shampoos and chocolate bars until the final (real) present. xD But the person would have to work out a kind of riddle on the outside of each present i.e. "For when life sucks..." (lollipop). Just a matter of being creative She will also put things in like food boxes and jewellery boxes to disguise the present. Sometimes includes something else to weigh them down so they don't just feel empty. Love enemy's idea of the coke bottle - something in shape that they will think they know immediately, but which then throws them off when unwrapped xD

As for the little toy car - not cheesy at all! Sounds perfect.
            Last edited by SmileyK; December 19, 2012, 08:35 AM.

"My arms will be your prison" - My Boyfriend [♥] Our LDR Blog!

Started Talking - October 2012
            Started Dating - 08.11.12
            First Meeting - 08.12.13 - 39 days together
            Second Meeting - 16.12.15 - 31 days together

Rosetta Stone Progress
            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            22 / 60

Comment

If my grandad ever gave us something which was in paper or card form, he would buy a box and wrap it in (what seemed like) hundreds of layers of wrapping and newspaper, so it would look like a GIANT present

And last year I bought my SO a dinner in the Eiffel Tower for a christmas present. I made a fancy formal invitation on microsoft word so he had something to open on christmas day.

the toy car sounds really cute though
              Last edited by nicole; December 19, 2012, 08:40 AM.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
              <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
              The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
              <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
              <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
              Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
              Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Make him do a scavenger hunt to find his gift. Have him open a box with a clue in it, followed by looking for clues that lead him around the house till he finds the last clue with what his gift is!

Comment

Fantastic ideas I'm glad people like the toy car idea, I'm going to pick up some hot wheels on my way home from work!

I love the wrapping up lots of little presents with clues, and the $50 in small bills - my grandparents used to do a mix of both where they'd get us tons of little gifts, each with a $5 bill or a toonie hidden on it somewhere! (a toonie is a $2 coin for you non-Canucks )

I think I'm going to enlist the help of my SO's sister to figure out if I can do a scavenger hunt, might be tricky since we won't be at his dad's house before I give him his present! I think the way I'll wrap it is in a big box with paper stuffed in it, and at the bottom there will be a paper plate, and plastic fork and knife with the menu of the restaurant glued on the plate. If I can make that work... haha.

Thanks for your help everyone!!

Comment

Working...
                  X